Income related esa

Posted , 7 users are following.

I receive income related ESA if I lose my PIP would i lose part of my ESA I haven't had an assessment for esa in more than 20 yrs does anyone know why sorry asking 2 questions at one time Denise I would appreciate your advice

0 likes, 56 replies

56 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Jane,

ESA was first introduced in 2008 but came into effect in 2012-2013. ESA and PIP are two separate benefits but you will need have a medical for both at different times depends on which was runs out first. If you are receiving enhanced care PIP you would then be able to claim ESA severe disability premium if you are living on your own and someone can claim Carer Allowance for looking after you.

If you are receiving PIP Daily Living Standard Rate care then yes you would lose the severe disability premium. I believe that's what perhaps you are querying about.

• Posted

Hi.

I'm sorry but that advice you've given is totally wrong! You do not lose the Severe Dusability Premium (SDP) if you're only claiming Standard daily living, you get the SDP on any rate of daily living providing the other criteria applies, as i already stated above in my first reply to Jane. If someone is claiming Carers Allowance for you then you do NOT qualify for SDP.

I recieve Standard daily living PIP and have done so for over 3 years, i claim SDP because no one claims CA for me and i have NO non dependants living with me.

• Posted

I've familiarised myself with the state benefit and have helped many receiving ESA support group and PIP Enhanced Rate care and standard mobility. The fact also that the OP's post is pretty vague which make it difficult to give her a proper answer.

One do not know whether she is living on her own or not and also whether she is in the ESA support group or WCA ESA and what rate of PIP she is receiving. As your first post also was a query to the OP rather than an answer. Unless members know how to put their query with regards to benefit across clearly one cannot give a proper answer.

I know my answer was vague because it was based on guessing about what benefit she is receiving and only part of my answer was incorrect again due to guessing. My aim to participate in this forum is to help members receiving the benefit they are entitled to and hope to help others as much as I can.

And I see you have helped many which is kind of you.

• Posted

I also know the benefit system quite well infact. My first post was a query and an answer. I wasn't guessing i was stating a fact.  I'm correct in what i say that SDP is recieved on both rates of daily living PIP and NOT just Enhanced rate. Your answer to the SDP part was completely wrong, sorry.  In your post you clearly stated this "  If you are receiving PIP Daily Living Standard Rate care then yes you would lose the severe disability premium.". You say part of your answer was wrong due to guessing? guessing what? I'm sorry but that doesn't make sense, even if Jane didn't give enough of info your answer was still wrong. A person can also recieve SDP on assessment rate of ESA in either group, as long as the other criteria applies. They can also recieve it if claiming JSA,  providing it's Income Related of course. Income Support is another one. Yes everyone has an oppinion but there's a right answer and a wrong one.

• Posted

I'm sorry I haven't joined this forum to be in competition with anyone.

You say part of your answer was wrong due to guessing? guessing what?

Do you wish me to say I was wrong no I don't think so, if I believe my answer was wrong I would say so but I believe my answer is purely on guessing the fact that the OP has given virtually no clue what her circumstances are whether living alone or not and what rate of benefit she is receiving for ESA and PIP.

I note the OP suffer from autism so unless one knows her circumstances and what benefit she is actually receiving genuinely I'm afraid the answer will still not be correct. I'm sorry if that disappoint you but that is my answer.

• Posted

Hi denise15811

Was wondering if u could shed some light on my situation I was in receipt of PIP enhanced living and standard care , and also ESA with SDP

When I lost my pip I lost my SDP on my ESA ,

I have started a new claim for PIP and awaiting on decision it's been 5 weeks since the assesment , I had a call today from DWP saying they needed to check with me who was living with me to see if I was entitled to a premium on top of my Esa (I thought that maybe PIP has been successful) I told her my relative lived with me she said "oh right if you lived alone you might have been awarded it but because a relative lives with you as a non dependant you don't qualify"

What are your thought on this ?

• Posted

Hi I live on my own I think it is the support I was on income support and they did just migrate me over to income support I didn't put in a claim for income related ESA it was just given to me I'm sorry if I haven't given enough information as I suffer from autism I find it hard to put my point across hope I have given enough information many thanks

• Posted

Hi Jane,

Yes my answer above is correct. If you lose your daily living award of PIP at anytime in the future then you will also lose you Severe Disability Premium.

During the change over from Incapacity Benefit to ESA some people would have had a paper based deicison, just like you did. This means that the evidence they had or you sent would have been enough for them to place you straight into the Support Group.

I know at some point in the past they did have a rather large backlog of people waiting for assessments so they put on hold those already in a group (like yourself) This happened to me but then last July they caught up with me and i recieved that dreaded ESA50 form. 3 years is usually the max amount of time that anyone has  in the Support Group before they're re-assessed. Don't ring them obviously but they may well catch up with you at some point in the near future. If this happens then you'll need to fill in the ESA50 form and return it within 28 (no extention given) along with your evidence.

PIP awards are reviewed 1 year before the award is due to end. Reviews are exactly the same as the first time you applied except the forms are much shorter. You'll need to fill the form in when you have it, return it along with all your evidence. Most people also have a face 2 face assessment for reviews. Hope i've explained it well enough for you, and i've answered any questions you needed to know. x

• Posted

Hi Denise sorry if I keep asking questions bit confused I know this sounds odd but I have never had a form or assessment to fill in on esa for about 15 yrs but have kept my money but do get forms from pip
    • Posted

I really do think you're confused Jane because ESA didn't even exist 15 years ago. What they probably did was automatically transfered you over when you were claiming Incapacity Benefit.

• Posted

Jane all those clamaints who were recieving Incapacity Benefit would have moved accross to ESA between October 2010- March 2014 and an assessment would not have been needed. I'm assuming that as you've never been sent an ESA50 form that this transition happened for you at some point during 2014, which would have been 3 years ago. You may find they'll send you that ESA50 at some point because 3 years is supposed to be the maximum amount of time before re-assessment. If they don't then don't worry about it, as long as you're still recieving your money from ESA then you have nothing to worry about. x

• Posted

If an assessment is recorded without permision and they catch you doing this then your assessment will be stopped and your file return to DWP with the likelyhood of that said person being refused the benefit.

A Tribunal WILL NOT accept and appeal UNLESS a Mandatory Reconsideration has been done first. The reaosn this is, is because you need to attach the MR decision letter to the Tribunal appeal forms with the word MANDATORY RECONSIDERATION clearly stated on the letter.

• Posted

No I have got pip on standard rate care didn't have to go for interview they judge it on paper based i was asking about esa

• Posted

You are only entitled to record your assessment if agreed to beforehand with the assessor.  You can use your own equipment but it must be capable of making 2 copies - one for the claimant and one for the assessor.  Otherwise it wouldn't be considered relevant. 

• Posted

Hi Jane, 

it must be quite confusing when someone starts to advise you incorrectly. We all know that Denise is very knowledgeable and DOES know what she is talking about, so please just listen to her. x

• Posted

Hi,

apart from the fact that your advise does not seem to be correct in places, I have to say that the length of your post would confuse me totally if I was the one asking the question, it's like War and Peace.

• Posted

If an assessment is recorded without permision and they catch you doing this then your assessment will be stopped and your file return to DWP with the likelyhood of that said person being refused the benefit.

If you've read my post thoroughly you will noticed that I've said to write a letter to ATOS/CAPITA and send a copy of that letter to DWP letting them know you wish to record your face-to-face assessment same with a home face-to-face assessment, and if you wish to have a representative to speak on your behalf.

The only things that I've said people can record without asking permission is their telephone calls to the DWP which I've done many time myself. You are allowed to record your telephone conversation for your own purpose but it can be used if dwp put down the wrong things you've said.

A Tribunal WILL NOT accept and appeal UNLESS a Mandatory Reconsideration has been done first. The reaosn this is, is because you need to attach the MR decision letter to the Tribunal appeal forms with the word MANDATORY RECONSIDERATION clearly stated on the letter.

Please show me in my post where I've said you can have a Tribunal without a Mandatory Recommendation letter. What I said was the DWP send me a Mandatory Recommendation letter without me asking for one because I sent in a complaint letter. That complaint letter was enough for them to send me a Mandatory Recommendation letter with the reference number to send direct to the Tribunal.

You seems to have a problem with me please for whatever reasons which is paying attention to yourself. I know the benefit system and I intend to help others if it upset you then that is your problems, you do not know me to suggest I do not know what I'm talking about. Perhaps you are a DWP staff in disguise yourself I've come across them in other forums.

People who comes in this forum seeks help because they do not know about the welfare benefit, they are not familiarise with the benefit forms nor understand the criterias because they are not well enough to deal with it and the fact we no longer have the CAB or any welfare rights about which has been appropriately taken away as the welfare solicitors every avenue where sick and vulnerable people need help has been taken away and I've been  helping those people because that's who I am as I've said I help other get into the ESA support group and Enhanced PIP including DLA for children.

Also you've mentioned that I've said you cannot apply for jobseekers allowance with a FIt Note again please show me where I've said that. I am letting members know that jobcentres across UK are not allowing people to claim for jobseekers because they are too sick to work the fact that those people was on Indefinite Incapacity Benefit Long term DLA High Mobility and High Care to be told they've got zero point and apply for jobseekers it's is not right correct the regulation said that dwp should also inform them of other benefit they can claim or what they can do in meantime. Telling people to claim jobseekers which mean the claimant is saying they are fit and well and can work. Jobseekers allowance are for people who fit and well and are unemployed but seeking work they do not have any illness or disability to unable them to take up employment. Example the recent poster who has had an accident got a bad back and problem working and on crutches he is a builder and yet got zero point and told to claim jobseekers obviously the dwp do not take note of the Health and Safety of claimant to the fact they are forcing people to sign on jobseekers and perhaps to sanctions them when they cannot find employment you tell me that is correct no it's not which side are you on?

• Posted

Your first reply to Jane yesterday was completely wrong!!! You gave the incorrect advice! For your info i do not work for DWP nor have i ever worked for them!! I claim ESA Support group and PIP standard daily living and Enhanced mobility myself. There's planty of people here on this forum who i've helped in the past several months whether it be here on the forum or through private message.

Your post to Jane above is just plain rude! You have no idea what the person is going through and to speak to her like this you should be ashamed of yourself.

• Posted

Your first reply to Jane yesterday was completely wrong!!!

As I've said whether the reply was a correct one it would have still been wrong because the fact that the OP was not able to give a clear question with regards to her query and seems not to understand the benefit she is receiving sadly because due to her conditions. How do you know you gave the OP the correct answer from your first reply to her first post because her query was very vague no one could have given her a correct answer unless the query is detailed with benefit rates or what benefit she is actually receiving. We will have to agree to disagree on this one not you or I could have given her a correct answer from the very beginning. 

Your post to Jane above is just plain rude! You have no idea what the person is going through and to speak to her like this you should be ashamed of yourself.

Until Jane herself told me that I have been rude to her then I shall take notice, I help people with autism all the times and others who needs help. I have family member who suffer with autism as well as my best friend's son so trust me I do understand where Jane is coming from and there isn't anything I should be ashamed of with regards to Jane unless she tells me otherwise.

Strange that you keep going on about the same post of ESA and yet you do not seems to have any answer to other things I've said. I will carry on helping and I'm sure it will all blow over so I shall let it all go.

Have a good day.

• Posted

Your advcie regarding SDP was completely wrong! Doesn't matter if it relates to what Jane was asking it was still wrong advice.

I can't show you what you said about recording an assessment because your post has been deleted by a moderator.

I have pointed out your posts that have given the incorrect advice mutliple times I have better things to do that to tell you yet again which posts these are.

I can and will post where i want especially when i see you giving others the incorrect advice. I also reported your post above for the way you spoke to Jane. Thank you and goodbye!

• Posted

Please do what ever you wish if the moderator remove me so be it. I believe no one could have given a correct answer from the beginning. 

Recording by phone can be done without asking the dwp, you are entitle to record for your own conversation for your own purpose in your own home.

I will leave it to moderator to decide whether I stay in this forum or not.

• Posted

My goodness me, what a very aggressive and angry person you are coming across as.  You are not being helpful at all, you are just so full of yourself, bragging about what you do for people and how you help them with this and that.

People come on this site to ask for advice and I'm afraid that your attitude is bad and will not do this site any good at all, which is such a shame. People need correct advice, but given with an empathetic attitude, yours I'm afraid seems to be bordering on bullying.

• Posted

Why are you attacking Jane, for goodness sake back off.   Your attitude leaves a lot to be desired I'm afraid.  

• Posted

If you believe I've attacked Jane you are wrong, I have not attacked Jane in anyway shape or form.

I too came here to help people if the moderator believes my attitude is bad as you've said then they have every right to remove me from this forum. I shall stay and offer help to others who need it in this forum unless otherwise stated or get cut off.

In case you haven't noticed I and the other poster has already backed off from one another so please do not open another can of worm you'll get no more response from me.

Good day to you.

• Posted

I'm not in the least bothered whether I receive a response from you or not, but I will not stand by whilst you attack someone on the forum.  You dismissed Jane as if she was a piece of dirt and now you are trying to dismiss  me.  cheesygrin   If you really think that you are helping people by being so aggressive, then carry on, but I suspect that people will stop coming on here asking for advice if you react like that to everyone and that would not be good for this lovely forum.   

• Posted

You said...If you believe I've attacked Jane you are wrong, I have not attacked Jane in anyway shape or form

You did attack Jane in 2 of your posts above.  You're now calling us liars but it's there above in black and white. You say you're here to help but you attack people then totally denigh it eek other poster? I'm guessing you're refering to me? rofl

• Posted

There you go right here......

?2 Pitipiti

jane23861 about 4 hours agoNo I have got pip on standard rate care didn't have to go for interview they judge it on paper based i was asking about esa

Paper based judgement is not always to one advantage most people don't get nothing or like you they receive standard rate pip. With regards to my answer to ESA again the query was such that even if someone was giving a correct answer it would have still been wrong because the OP did not give enough clear information to get a proper answer.

This is the last communication I'm having with you, you are behaving like as if I've rattled your cage which I've got no intention to. I shall help people the best way I can I am asking to stay away from my posts you think you can do that after all we are here to help those that seek help wouldn't agree?

As for what you do for a living then good for you! I'll give you a clap...

• Posted

We started off on the wrong foot because of the advice you gave was wrong. A few weeks ago you also adviced someone one here to ignore the calls from DWP, i don't call that a very professional way to advice someone. Yes i see you're angry by the way DWP treat people and i completely agree with you some are treated terribly! BUT i also know the benefits system, if i didn't i wouldn't be here advicing people the way i've been for the past 10 months.

My daughter also has learning disabilties, autism and social anxiety disorder of childhood. I've spent the last 13 years fighting with teachers, doctors, mental health and the learning disabilities team to get where i am with her today. I am now in the process of fighting with the Education Authorities to secure her a place in the special needs dept of the college which she attends, so i know all about people like this because i've lived with it everyday since my daughter was 2.5 years old and she's now coming up to 17. It's been an extremely tough fight and i won't stop until i get what she deserves! PIP is my next fight for her and i wont give up and i'll fight it all the way if i have to.

I also have my own health problems but the kind thoughtful person i am i try my hardest to push them to one side. so, yes i''m a very sensitive person because i care about others. I don't work for DWP like you accused me of. I wouldn't work for them if they were the last people on earth, even though i'm unlikely to ever work again.

I don't want to continue arguing with you but you annoyed me i have to be honest. I know no one is perfect but when i see someone advicing others wrongly then i have to speak up, it's just the kind of person i am. I've had a lot of thanks from a lot of people who've posted here in the past 10 months, i also have a lot of support from quite a lot of posters because of the help i've given to others who are extremely greatful that i'm here to advice them. I hope we can move on from this... if i get banned from this site then so be it i'll go away knowing that i did at least manage to help others in their fight for what they deserve!

• Posted

How do you find the time to try to assist people on a forum such as this with such demands placed upon you, you are obviously very busy elsewhere.

I too worked within Social Services in the Mental Health Team, I had a caseload of 78 intensive cases and I didn't have time to eat some days.   To be perfectly honest with you, if you think that bullying people to give you more information is the right way to go about things, then I personally do not think much to your methods.

• Posted

Yes it is as I have autism it makes it even harder I am just going to listen to Denise advice as she has advised me in the past and been spot on and she seems to understand what I am asking even though my communication isn't very good

• Posted

Thank you Jane that's sweet of you! My daughter has autism so i understand it perfectly! You're question was answer by me so no need to worry now. x

• Posted

I am boiling over at this minute pitipiti at your arrogance.  I love this forum and would not like to be thrown off, but I cannot stand by and listen to your self opinionated attitude any longer.  You are so condescending. eek 
    • Posted

You are an extremely rude persson!!! you will be ignored from here on in.....
    • Posted

Best way Denise.  We all know you on here and know you always give accurate advice.  Just ignore anyone who thinks differently.  You are the one we listen to after all x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.