Increase my ven

Posted , 13 users are following.

hello all. Well I’m on 150mg  moderate release.   I’ve been feeling very low no get up and go ,,, I was thinking of increasing my ven by 37.5 mg. I asked my doc and she said to try it and see how it goes.  What do you think.  Thanks Michael 

0 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Prev
  • Edited

I’m on my 4th week of 225mg and have had some good days. Feeling poorly today like I have flu or something and have had stomach issues. Having read all the comments you’ve had I’ve decided I shall give it longer. I’d be interested to know how the Mirtazapine helps if you don’t mind me jumping on your post x
    • Edited

Venlafaxine plus Mirtazapine combo is called ‘California Rocket Fuel’, especially at higher doses of both drugs. They have different mechanisms of action and this combo is used to treat more difficult depressions apparently. Plus you will sleep better. I don’t intend to stay on Mirt for very long. I will make sure I am stable and will start reducing Mirt gradually. 
    • Posted

hi alan

been on ven 2x 37.5 a day now for 8 weeks slight improvement all days are different doc won't up ven as yet did take diyapazin for few weeks with ven but no improvement on tired any ideas on timescale for ven to work or any ideas to help me get better thanks james

• Posted

hi there.

ive been on ven now for 8 weeks slight improvement every day if different up and downs in on 2 x 37.5 tablets a day doctor qont up it yet would you say to stick with it for 12 weeks before i speak to doctor again ? did take diyapazin for few weeks with ven no difference that i noticed and updates from anyone on way forward or time for ven to qork thanks james

• Edited

I just wanted to add my voice to this thread as it took 10 weeks for the ven to start working in my case. The BNF suggest that treatment is stopped if no improvement after 8 weeks. I'm so glad I found this forum and kept on pushing through.

• Edited

Hello again,

This thread kept me persevering with my Venlafaxine and Mirtazapine. I was about to give up after about 8 weeks when I found it, and there were posts saying it took 10 weeks to start working and more to reach some sort of recovery. Well, that was exactly my experience. I'm so glad I stuck with it as I am now well into my recovery. I take 300mg of ven a day split into two doses and 45 mirt at night. I will do this for 6 months then my Dr will re-assess.

• Posted

hi im 7 weeks into 225mg vensirxl and still suffering anxiety symptoms do you think this is still expected at this many weeks, taking diazepam again feel so fed up thought it would be gone by now any comments please

• Posted

hey anything on how you are after your increase? im 2 weeks into mine and my anxiety is bad again

• Posted

hello there im6weeks and i slowly feel a bit better so i hope after 10 weeks i should feel ok hopefully

• Posted

hows it going at the moment? im now nearly 6 weeks into my increase and feel bit low at the moment, but im no where near as bad as i was weeks ago

• Edited

yes julie i am im now on 150 mod release feeling ok ish good and bad days but im not as good as i have been . you take caremike

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.