Increased dose of fluoxetine

Posted , 12 users are following.

I've been taking 20mg of fluoxetine for 6weeks and have now been on the increased dose of 40mg for 3 weeks, the first 2 weeks of increased dose made me feel depressed and very anxious ,I'm just starting to feel a bit better, can anyone tell me what time span it took them to feel a lot better, or is this as good as it gets .

2 likes, 65 replies

65 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Ok, my positivity has been truly tested today. In fact, I can honestly say, that today can go take a gigantic f**k to itself. Travelled on 2 buses and one train to measure up a flat we're moving to next week, my ex was supposed to be meeting us there, he didnt, not that it mattered becasue neither did the letting agent. I travelled all that way with a 3 year old, in the verge on panic attack all day, finally got home, got the little one off to her aunt and uncles and just sobbed. And now I cant stop
    • Posted

Oh sweetie...thats a huge day. I had a huge cry last night also...let it all out. How disapointing but well done!
    • Posted

Thank you. I keep tryig to remind myself, that some anxity is normal, and some tears of frustration are normal and not to beat myself up too much over it x
    • Posted

Day 9 of 40mg increase, day 26 of 20mg start...my anxiety is dreadful!!!!
    • Posted

I must say I'm feeling better.....hope that for all of you soon...
    • Posted

I Had a bit of an episode in 711

Earlier i almost lost it with the cashier

....I got so annoyed that I literally felt like my blood was boiling ... And now I'm going to try to sleep and hope for a good day

• Posted

how is everyone here doing...Day 23 of upped dose 40mg, feeling crappy! Still cant go anywhere but work and back home....praying for better days.
    • Posted

I just read all of this and love the positivity in some of the posts. I just increased my dose from 10mg to 20mg. Id love to hear how you guys are doing now, months later.
  • Posted

Hi Sara! How are you doing on your 40 mg fluexotine? I've been on 30 mg for about 3 months, felt amazing and now have been starting to feel a little low and anxious.

• Posted

Has anyone been on 60mgs of flouretine and how did you feel !? Xx
    • Posted

hi Pam i have been on 60mgs and felt great my doctor lowered dose to 40mg omg it was terrible, anxiety, depression, thoughts in my head, after 2 weeks i went back up to 60mgs im on day one of increased dose but when i was on 60mg i felt fantastic

• Posted

I have been on 10 mg for a week.  I’m suppose to go up to 20 mg now.  However I’m having terrible acid reflux. Has anyone else experience this and if so what did you do for it?  Does it go away after awhile?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.