Increased dose of fluoxetine

Posted , 12 users are following.

I've been taking 20mg of fluoxetine for 6weeks and have now been on the increased dose of 40mg for 3 weeks, the first 2 weeks of increased dose made me feel depressed and very anxious ,I'm just starting to feel a bit better, can anyone tell me what time span it took them to feel a lot better, or is this as good as it gets .

2 likes, 65 replies

65 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I just want to give up.
    • Posted

Don't you dare. If you break your leg, you can't decide after a few weeks that you hate the plaster cast and rip it off.....becsuse the leg is still healing and you will never be able to walk on it.

Right now, your brain is healing, give it a chance to heal properly, otherwise you'll feel this way forever xxx

• Posted

Angie your right...somehow I have to learn to deal with this...I just get so freaked out with my fear symptoms....I feel panic and faint kick in...it's so scary.
    • Posted

If you find a way to occupy your mind it really helps lessen the stress and anxiety

Colouring ,puzzles word games playing an instrument all are very therapeutic and good for the brain

These are the games I have :

94%, my Kara, song pop, family feud

Scrabble, wheel of fortune, panda pop, pigment

Anything that can take your mind off what you're dealing with will help

And I swear by playing an instrument it eases the mind heals the soul and your problems will lessen

I'm a music teacher and I can tell you music has helped me in my worst times

• Posted

Yesterday I thought I had seen the light..I woke up feeling great...till about 4 that I went home with a migrane...didn't sleep all night..and today I'm having massive anxiety and panic....don't know what to think of it.i get so scared...I get scared to even take a xanax...I hate this.
    • Posted

I remember I used to get scared to take Diazapam ( is that the same drug?)  and actually, wen I got over it, they helped, but actually became a crutch, I wouldnt leave the house without them, I would go out and not even take any, but just had to hsve them with me. I think Im now a week on increased dose of 40mg, instead of bad days not I get bad hours, usually at night, compulsive thought patterns, over worrying, but my anxiety is better. Headaches are a it of a pain though, but I know they will pass in a week or so
    • Posted

I'm on day 10 of upped dose..but has been so hard..my head feels like it pounding and bobbleheaded..I feel weird overall.not good feelings.i wish this to be all over.
    • Posted

I am not feeling fab myself. I think i am about day 5 of increased dose 40mg...still having bad days with hours of releif. Funny your nights are worse Angie. My nights are usually ok but mornings are painful...just mainly depression wise. Have had headaches as well...hoping they pass. I have started having problems with sleep since increase of dose...which i didnt have before. So taking tamazapan at night which i dont like doing. But hopefully that passes too.

Hang in there Jesika... we r on this rocky ride together...fingers crossed it gets better!

• Posted

Xanax is the same as valium/diazapan.
    • Posted

I think its maybe because I have a 3 year old daughter. She keeps me busy during the day, its at night, when everything stops and its just me and my thoughts that my mind can get a bit tricky. Im a great beiever in positive thinking though, which I know feels almost impossibe sometimes, but I try my best. If I feel downor sad, I allow myself to feel like that, but just for a little while, becasue I know that too will pass. Fighting an invisible fight is tough on your brain and body,, but I guess because Ive been through this before, I know it will get better. And I remind myself everyday that 5 weeks ago, I was ready to die, to take my own life, but instead, here I am. Here we all are, getting up every day to fight the same demons who scared us yesterday and that my darlngs is bravery!!
    • Posted

yes angie, today i woke up feeling better, not 100% but more functionable..i pray that each day it gets better and better i have 3 little one's who need me and a job to maintian so it's hard to get better when not a whole lot changes around you. but we will persevere.
    • Posted

I have a four year old as well...they just keep u going😊 its hard work but especially when u r not playing at ur A game. I suffer terrible mummy guilt cause i am not playing at my A game.
    • Posted

Jessika r u still taking Tamazapan. I have had to also since dose increase.
    • Posted

Oh the parental guilt is awful! I have days were I think "She puts up with too much, shes only little" or I think that she must think Mummy is just always tired. But you know what, the reality is, that even when my world is crumbling around me, shes the one thing Im damn good at. Ive started to feel a bit over stimulated on the higher dose now, buzzing almost. It not a bad thing, so I wont complain!! Hope you're all having a good day x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.