Increased sertraline from 25-50mg after 3 days I'm being sick, burping, gas! Please help :(

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi

So 3 days ago I upped sertraline from 25-50mg since then my stomach has been bubbling and making noises! A lot of flatulence and burping. The past 2 days iv been sick but it's just white foamy mucus! I feel so poorly. Has anybody else experienced this with sertraline?

I'm freaking out because I feel so poorly and I'm scared it could be something else. I'm getting niggling pains in my chest too in my upper middle abdomen and the upper left side.

Rang GP today and she said drop back down to 25mg. But after 3 days on 50mg will I get withdrawal side effects from going back down? I'm at my wits end now with this medication. Only been on it less than 4 weeks and it's been hell on earth 😭

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Ask your GP about omeprazole. Ive been on various doses of sertraline for the best part of a year and my stomach has been problematic since day 1. Taking omeprazole half an hour or so before the sertraline seems to calm things down significantly. Certainly worth a try smile

• Posted

Hello, did stopping sertraline or reducing at 25 mg change anything ?… I have the same issues with sertraline (50mg).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.