Increasing dizziness before hot flash or do you feel like something is in your chest to.

Posted , 16 users are following.

Hi

I'm curious about someting.  I have been in menopaus for 5 yrs now.  I am hypothyroid and I have a disorder call migraine associated vertigo (MAV) this is caused by silent migraines and migraines.  It causes many sensations of dizziness, such as rocking, swaying, leaning, bobbing, swining, these sensations are felt in my head and though out my body, I also have neck and upper shoulder pain on both sides of my body which is where I think my migraines are, I have nausea, anxiety, panic that all come as part of the MAV, but I also have health anxiety and have for many years.  When going thru peri I was a wreck with panic attacks daily as mony as 5 a day.  Now its all back with this disorder,  But I have noticed an increase in dizziness right before a hot flash,then the hot flash comes and i get sweaty and I'm having drenching night sweats.  I wonder if any of you have dizziness before the hot flash, like it telling you the flash is coming but sometimes I don't think of that until the flash comes.  I have dizziness 98% of the time every day in some form, wether it be swaying, leaning, bobbing.  I also feel the floor move when I walk, it goes up and down like walking on marsh mellows.  This disorder is very scary to me, the dizziness scares me to death at times.  

Other times before a flash lately I'm feeling this discomfort in my chest, like its got soemthing in it, then a min later the flash.  I'm going to see my doc wednesday about it.  I'm always worried about my heart, always have been.  I've testing before and its alway anxiety, but i ust want to make sure.  I know it sounds stupid to people, but this is how it is for me.  I'm scared alot.  

1 like, 49 replies

49 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I'm Dealing with this on a daily basis and it's scary I too have been cleared by cardiologist on the chest pain part. But My dizziness is everyday now and scary! I know it's the anxiety and vertigo. But when does this all end! 44 yo and since 2014 when it all began! Just tired of it all! 😕

• Posted

Check out accupressure points on the head and neck for verigo and dizziness. They help. I have some around my ears where the TMJ is too.
  • Posted

Do you get those migraines in winter as well?
    • Posted

I guess there must be migraine triggers in the foods. Mine are definitely dairy. I ate a lot of dairy all my life but when I turned 48 /i suddenly developed asthma like symptoms and sinusitis like symptoms after any dairy products.
    • Posted

Yes I was drinking milk and started getting ezcema and I have never had ot before 47. After stopping the milk the ezcema went away. It's crazy what all of this is doing to us! xx

• Posted

Exactly the same; Like being on a boat then comes the hot flash; then I get chilled- I too have been light headed over the past 2 years. I am 54 now. I was an avid exerciser for decades every day I run or cycle- last 3 months extreme fatigue. So over this. I too have anxiety through the roof; I spend my days trying to relax. Lucky I work for myself and take time out when I need it. Hate this age!
  • Posted

I have had this vertigo dizziness.  Thought it was related to thyroid, since my dose had been changed

around a lot.  I'm 56 now, but this all started around age 48.  I am still not in menopause but things are

starting to change.  Anyway, my doctor has put me on ssri's and they have taken care of the dizziness

and anxiety which was intense....just as has been described by everyone's comments.  Even the tension

and hot flashes and terrible head sensations.  Feeling stressed out. 

I am on my 3rd ssri and it seems to be working better than the first two.

It's paroxetine/paxil.  The first ssri was prozac/fluoxetine (for 10 months)  and that was too activating for me.The second was Citalopram/celexa (6 months), which was milder, but not completely effective.  And they all had terrible start-up symptoms except maybe the paxil.  

I'm assuming my symptoms were being caused by low serotonin levels because these medications are

taking care of the dizziness and anxiety.  And I also figured out, there may have been depression present too.

It's important to find the right ssri, they all don't work the same for everyone. 

Hope this helps someone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.