Increasing mirtazapine 30-45 what to expect?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all, fairly new here so hoping for some guidance. Have been on mirtazapine for just over a week after a psychiatrist suggested I try them in addition to 20 mg escitalopram which I have been on for a year or so after citalopram failed me.

I have the standard side effects of a sweet tooth and wanting to sleep for 12 hours plus but I believe my physch will be increasing the dose to 45. I'm conscious of what to expect. I'm currently off work but hoping to return in the next week or so but will the increase knock me for 6. I'm a 35 yr old male suffering from anxiety and depression but don't want to be a zombie with no feelingsAny experience would be greatly welcomed as I have read some confusing stories with some saying 45 was too much and others saying the higher the dose the less sedating effect. Any responses welcome thanks 

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi ive only been on mirtazipine for 3 weeks at 15mg then 30mg for 4weeks I had some really bad days feeling tired no energy feeling very low.I'm starting to feel a bit better at the minute but still not sure whether to stay on them or not I think the hardest thing is we're all different they affect us in so many different ways iwas told to give them a month and to see how I feel after that the month is up but still not sure what to do I hope whatever you take it works for you and good luck 
  • Posted

I totally agree with Dave,give it a month with most meds you should know how you feel then.We are all different.Good Luck 
  • Posted

Thanks dave and Norma, I agree it's too early to tell so will just see what the physch recommends and take it from there -  here hoping smile 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.