Increasing my dose to 75mg

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi,

Hope everyone is doing well!

I decided to increase my dose to 75mg yesterday. Feel so worried about all the side effects coming back. The 1st 4/5 weeks for me was hell.

Does anyone have any positive feedback on increasing? Thanks x

0 likes, 23 replies

Report / Delete

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi! I was on 50 for 6 weeks, increased to 75 for a week and just started on 100 yesterday. So just coming up to my 8th week now. The increase from 50 to 75 was ok hun. Nothing like the first couple of weeks. They were hell! I think it may be because it is already in the system. I was afraid too. You not alone. X x x
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Rachael,

Thanks for replying 😊! That makes me feel better and hope it goes smooth increasing for me too...

I've been on sertraline for 9 weeks now and have seen definite positive improvements but just not where I want to be so hopefully the increase will be a push in the right direction.

How are you feeling now? Xx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Glad I can be of some reassurance to you. It’s hard, wish I had seen this forum earlier. Same as you, definite improvement but don’t quite feel myself yet. Hence the increase. Sleep is an issue for me, can’t settle. I’m really good in day then night I become quite anxious. I think because we have increased carefully we should be ok. Keep in touch. Let me know how your getting on. X x x
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Lawrence,

Oh I know it's horrible when you can't sleep. There are a few different things I use and I am sleeping really well now - I have the bachs rescue night remedy, sleepy time tea, magnesium bath flakes, lush sleepy body lotion and a deep sleep pillow spray ( it's alot I know lol) I really didn't want to take sleeping pills because I was worried about taking more medication and it seems to have worked as I'm getting a full night sleep now. Xxx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

When I started taking it it made me really drowsy and I was driving home from work barely awake so I started taking it at night and while I still don't go to sleep early enough, I feel like most nights I'm out for a good 5-7 hours straight. Not sure if you get drowsy at all but might be something to consider if so

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Rachael,

Hope your doing well!

I am thinking that I might need to increase to 100mg - seeing the doctor on Friday.

I was doing well but the past week things have been awful again with terrible anxiety, racing thoughts sad!

How did the increase from 75 to 100 go for you? xx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Paula. I increased from 50 to 100 this past Tuesday. Some side effects have returned for me like no appetite, restless legs and some heightened anxiety but I don't feel anywhere near as awful as I did during the first few weeks. Still not fun but at least I still feel semi-functional this time around. Hope you're getting along ok on your increase!

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Frankie,

It's only day 2 on the increase but ok other than feeling really tired! How long were you on 50 before you decided to increase? I have been 9 weeks with improvement but still not where I want to be so hoping the extra increase will get me back to 100%. Xx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I was on 50 for about a month and a half. I made an appointment with my primary care physician (she's a nurse practitioner) because I started feeling really shaky and "off" a couple weeks ago and she recommended upping it because she felt my anxiety wasn't being controlled. So far, still kinda shaky but feel like I'm getting a little better each day.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Paula 

I’ve been on Zoloft for about 3 months. Started off on 50 mg for 8 weeks, then 75 for 3 and now 100 for 1 week. With each increase I had very minimal side effects and actually felt better each time I’ve increased. My anxiety was awful and I couldn’t even get out of bed for weeks. Finally, 100 mg seems to be working the best so far! I know it’s so scary to increase but it’s worth it when you find your dose and start to feel so much better!! 

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Jenna,

I'm glad your doing well now 😊?!

So far it's not been too bad on the increase, Been dizzy and had headaches but nothing compared to the start so hopefully it helps xx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Paula 

I’m same as you almost, 9 weeks on Fridays on 50mg. Had a rocky week last week after a week of being ok... although much better in general - I’m going to wait till week 10 and speak to my dr about going straight to 100mg if it’s not levelled out by then! Keep us updated smile

My dads a GP so really helpful and he said the reality is it’s a very slow working drug and it’s early days 

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Phil,

I'm sorry you had a bad week, are you feeling better now?

So far it's been ok and side effects have been minimal so nothing like at the start. Hopefully it works.

That's good you can get advice from your dad, I've seen a few people saying that it just takes time to work but I suppose we all just want to feel better now lol! Let me know how you get on at the doctor x

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up