Increasing to 30mg

Posted , 7 users are following.

Anyone else on 30mg of citalopram? How do you find it? Did you have side effects going up from 20 to 30? I have been on citalopram before but only ever on 20 but it hasn’t worked that well this time and it looks like I’m going to have to go up which I am very nervous about.

many thanks

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I went from 20 to 30 and felt just like I did when I started it. I also found no improvement on 30. Just felt more drugged. I went back down to 20 and have stayed with it for four months. Its finally starting to simmer down. I hope your increase is more helpful than mine. Id maybe try 25 before hopping straight up to 30 for less side effects!

• Posted

Hi, I was the same, wasted 2 mths increasing to 30, then 40mg. Just made me feel worse. I am onto week 4 of 20mg, total 19 weeka back on citralopram. I am definitely more atable on 20mg. I had side effecrs with every increase and decrease with the drug.

• Posted

so you both reckon i should just stick it out on 20 even if its not dealing to the anxiety?

• Posted

Its hard to say because its different for everyone. We all want to be better quickly but upping the dose doesn't make it happen any quicker necessarily. I am a slow metaboliser of medicine so larger amounts are too much for my system. I struggle even with co codamol. Have you seen any improvement on the 20mg? How many weeks are you on 20mg? I would say give it 12 weeks on 20mg at least.

• Posted

Hi Lou yes some improvement i guess - appetite back, IBS better. Morning anxiety a little better but sleep not great (it was better but its gone to custard again - waking a lot feeling startled and with anxiety). I have periods of hours where i feel better, sometimes almost normal but then i crash again so its very up and down. Been very emotional the last 4 or so days (could be PMS) with lots of tears). Anxiety def still there

• Posted

Can you get an anti histamine for sleep? I take one a night and it helps. Also vit b6 is great for PMS. I made mistake of moving up doses too quickly. Now Im back down to 20mg. Going to give it the full 12 weeks....I have been so up and down and Im going to be 5 month mark on Thursday

• Posted

which antihistamine do you take? Is it hydrxyzine? we dont have that here so only options are benadryl or phenergan. i do have some unisom sleep gels but have been too scared to try them, Im trying to wean off a low dose of lorazepam that ive been taking for a few weeks.

• Posted

i take benadryl for sleep with no problem and it works.you can try the melotonin but if you get a headache its the melotonin.

• Posted

thanks lois. Did yiu have crying spells wgeb you were recovering? ive been crying so much over the last few days when i hadnt for a while

• Posted

what dose and so you take it every night? does it make drowzy the nexy day and do you get any side effects from taking it?

• Posted

10mg about 40 mins before bed and I am fine to get up at 7, awake from 6 usually. x

• Posted

no crying spells while on meds.i cry before any med out of not knowing what was going on.

• Posted

I have a lot of crying spells its completely normal even though it's horrible x its feeling crap all the time that makes it happen more x

• Posted

hey tamsin x no better I feel absaloutly terrible today and want to give up x how are you feeling?

• Posted

how long have you taken the phenergan for and did you get any side effects when you started it?

• Posted

Hi, no side effects. I have taken it around 3 months now x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.