Inflamed and painful penis tip for almost 2 months

Posted , 72 users are following.

Hello,

I've had penis inflammation around the opening and pain for almost 2 months now.  I've tried Clotrimazole, Hydrocortisone, Doxycyline, Rocephin, and seen a Urologist.  My urine analysis had no white cells. I was negative on std panel.  The pain is driving me crazy at this point.  The pain is mainly on the tip where it is most inflamed, though it causes a rash further down the glans.  Any opinions?

4 likes, 96 replies

96 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Good morning Ryan sorry that you are having a problem with this.  Never heard or seen anything like it.  Have you gone to a doctor to see if they can tell what it is.  Let me ask you a few question.  This just started a few month's ago.  What are you doing different that you did not do before.  Have you changed your soap or detergent.  Or have you gotten different under ware.  You know material.  It has to be something simply,  Please think back a few month and go through anything that you can think of.  I will go on the internet and see if I can come up with anything.  Take care  Ken   

• Posted

I’ve thought of everything.  Nothing changed that I can remember.  I think something was in the girl that I had sex with a few days before and gave me something.
  • Posted

Have you thought about whether your urine is more or less acidic than before? Have you changed anything in your diet or what you drink? The mantra these days seems always to be 'drink more water', but maybe you've tried this?

• Posted

I’ve thought about that. I always drink tons of water throughout the day though.
  • Posted

Ryan, I have this exact same problem. I mean to a T! Can you describe how this started? Sexual history? STD checks? 
    • Posted

The STD panel, what did that consist of?
    • Posted

The std panel consisted of herpes (IGG and IGM), Chlamydia, Ghonorrea, and I forget the others.  All negative.

I’ve had probably 5 urine tests and everything was negative.   

Had a prostate exam,  a cystoscopy, went to a pelvic floor therapist thinking it was my prostate.

This is definitely something around the opening of my penis.  Went to the dermatologist the other day and currently using a steroid called Desonide.  It seems to be making it worse. May be getting a biopsy on my penis soon.  I just want this fixed as it’s sending me into depression and interfering with work.

• Posted

Hello. First of all I'm sorry that you feel discomfort. Could it possibly be that you somehow react to any soap that you use to wash yourself when you take a shower? Soap may dry the skin out. If so, then use just water to clean under your foreskin and only very mild soap when it's really needed. When the skin gets dry it also may cause irritaion. I'm not sure if this may be the case. Based on your photos it doesn't look worse than I've been myself of no other particular reason at times. Wishing you good luck :-)

• Posted

Unfortunately I’ve tried everything I can think of for the contact dermititis side of things.  The rash seems to show up at random times but the pain is always there. I have no idea at this point. 
    • Posted

Are you using soap when you wash underneath your foreskin? I personally can't use anything around my "peehole" as that itches terribly if I pee afterwards. That's why I need to avoid that. Could you possibly have sensitive skin? 

• Posted

Ryan, have you figured anything out yet?! Please post your current status. I am dealing with the exact same thing. We need to corroborate to beat this thing!
    • Posted

Have you got an update on your issue Dan? I am having similar symptons.

• Posted

Any news on this? I am suffering with the same problem and have so for two months. It all started my having unprotected sex in a one night stand. Symptons started two days later. Tested negative for all STIs. Even tried antibiotics and various creams. I thought that the antibiotics may have helped in the short term but not cleared it. These included azithromycin and doxycycline. These were taken on two separate occasions.

Can't seem to shift it. Drs said it will go away by its self but it has not so far. It is not painful but more itchy/irritating. Stopped using soaps and just wash with water.

• Posted

hello Ryan, was your problem ever addressed? However i am having the same issues at the moment. Started after unprotected sex with random girl. Its been going on for almost 2 months if not more. tried similar medications including dexycline at the moment and tevia. Its not a completely painful feeling but more constant weird feeling. Hoping its not cancer or something similar. I am only 22 years and just having problems this year. Could anybody possibly know anything about this?

• Posted

Hello peyton did you fix your problem if so I would like to know what it was.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.