Inflamed and painful penis tip for almost 2 months

Posted , 72 users are following.

Hello,

I've had penis inflammation around the opening and pain for almost 2 months now.  I've tried Clotrimazole, Hydrocortisone, Doxycyline, Rocephin, and seen a Urologist.  My urine analysis had no white cells. I was negative on std panel.  The pain is driving me crazy at this point.  The pain is mainly on the tip where it is most inflamed, though it causes a rash further down the glans.  Any opinions?

4 likes, 96 replies

96 Replies

Prev Next
  • Edited

Dealing with a very similar issue here, minus the inflammation. Mine is more of a slight redness at the tip on occasion, hot/burning and cold feelings that shift anywhere from the head to the shaft to the testicles. It is not always present, occasionally comes and goes. I almost never feel it in the morning and it seems to feel better when I'm in warm water.

4 urinalysis, STD panels and precautionary treatment for gonnareah, chlimidia and trichomoniasis have helped nothing. It's been going on for nearly 2 months.

Please tell me someone knows what's going on, because apparently the doctors can't give an effective solution.

• Posted

listen yall its balanitis, i got given a cream 2 weeks ago and it did nothing.. im going back today in the next 45 mins to tell them and hopefully try something else.. however mine used to be really painful but now i can have sex.. my point is more exposure helps a LOT. Keep the foreskin retarcted for as long as possible throughout the day, MAKE SURE YOU DRY YOUR PENIS AFTER A SHOWER AND WIPE ANY URINE AFTER YOU WEE. Also if you guys are about to have sex keep your foreskin rettacted all day and you will see how it becomes normal. However after sex it will be very red but dont worry. Alwo if you need faat relief, yor not gunna belive this but retract your foreskin and put a fan on it for 10 mins and feel how easy it is to touch.

• Posted

hello Chris were you able to fix your problem, if so it would be a great help if you share what was wrong

• Posted

No solution, ive just learned to deal with it at this point.

• Edited

The lack of follow up on this topic from so many people is really upsetting. If you guys solve your issue, you need to come back and help others out.

After everything I went through and being over 2 months in, I think I found the solution.

The doctors tested a urinalysis on 4 occasions and came back negative for everything. I asked them if a UTI will always show on a urine test and they said no, especially ones caused by urethritis.

Long story short, I asked for a medication to treat that and I was prescribed Macrobid. Guess what! 2 days later and there is a ton of improvement. Everything is pointing to it having been a UTI that they weren't catching.

• Posted

i will aak about this on friday when i go, and i always come back after every treatment ! thank you so much !

• Posted

Unfortunately to report, my symptoms only got better for about 3 days after taking my medication for a UTI and the problem returned.

I have no other ideas as to what is causing. No rash, no sores, but definitely a burning tip and every test I could think of asking them to do.

• Posted

thats sad to hear 8( There is a fix out there we just meed to find it

• Posted

hi im 29 years old chemical engineering and from iran. i have this issue from 2 years ago after only 2 min unprotected relationship .I’ve learned that doctors are useless when it comes to diagnosing a symptom in the absence of positive test results, which made me somewhat obsessive over trying to self diagnose this.After all the research I’ve done over the past 2 years, on a daily basis, I feel I am almost an expert in this topic lol. and now I guess this bumps is immunologic action against some viruses such as EBV CMV and etc .and called lichen planus i hope this information be usefull

• Edited

Dear friends its very important that unfortunately the test results for CMV and EBV viruses were positive for recent infection 1 week after sex.Im sorry for myself 😦 take care yourself.

• Posted

I've had this irritation 7 months ago after having sex,, nothing would get rid of it, I tried Canesten which worked at first then stopped working. Went to the an Urologist who told me I had Balanitis (never gave me the exact reason to why I got it) during the time I had sex I also finished 2 rounds of antibiotics and I may have developed Balanitis due to an imbalance of good bacteria. Got tested for STD's, allergies, you name it. I'm uncircumcised and this has never happened to me ever and I'm 29 - I never had an irritated penis or inflammation.

Fast forward 5 months, and this thing still persisted no matter what. I went to the best Dermatologist in the area but by that time it was only a small irritation, the reason I went is because I wanted it to be completely healed. He explained to me that this could be due to 3 major reasons.

1. Some women have more acidic vaginas and the penis is sensitive to that. (Could not have been because I refused to have sex due to an inflamed gland)
    2. Urine is acidic due to new diet changes and I need to wash my penis every time I pee so make sure nothing leaks
    3. New detergent ...

He advised me to buy this cream which is made in France and apply it for 2 weeks - it was expensive for a small bottle but needless to say it worked for me, I also changed my shower gel. I finally do not have irritation and it went back to normal, but unfortunately the coloring of my penis changed it went from pink to a darker pink because apparently this bacteria fungus damaged the pigment - but it should be back to normal 1 year or 2.

• Posted

For those wondering, I believe the cream he is talking about may be called Cicalfate, made by Avene. I am only gessing though.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.