Inflamed and painful penis tip for almost 2 months

Posted , 72 users are following.

Hello,

I've had penis inflammation around the opening and pain for almost 2 months now.  I've tried Clotrimazole, Hydrocortisone, Doxycyline, Rocephin, and seen a Urologist.  My urine analysis had no white cells. I was negative on std panel.  The pain is driving me crazy at this point.  The pain is mainly on the tip where it is most inflamed, though it causes a rash further down the glans.  Any opinions?

4 likes, 96 replies

96 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

anyword i have the same issue, im super worried

• Posted

anyword i have the same issue, im super worried

• Posted

did anything ever come of this? having very similar issues and dying to get rid of this!!

• Posted

mine went away be its self. all sorted now. think it was just in my head.

• Posted

I'd like to know as well. It definitely isnt just in your head, but it may be something our body can just fight off in time and they havent diagnosed it yet.

• Posted

out if curiosity how long it take to go away? mine has died down since j started using daktacort but hasnr gone completely, im wondering if it will ever go

• Posted

It probably went after 4 months or so. I believe I was making it worse by constantly examining it and touching it. Putting various creams on it also inflamed it more. Especially the anti fungal cream that I was using. I think the more I worried about it the worse it got. I had all the STI tests done over and over again and all came back negitive. For me it was I had to believe that there was nothing wrong and then eventually it went away. I will definitely be more careful next time.

• Posted

this sounds identical to me ive repeated so many tests which are negative and im checking it about twice every hour hopefully mine clears up too

• Posted

While it was getting better were you still sexually active/masturbating? If so how often? Im just curious if you had to abstain or did it get friction every few days? I feel like if i could abstain for 3 weeks it would clear up but thats basically an impossible feat unless there was some hormone off switch ha

• Posted

for me, sex or "friction" don't bother it. In fact during one of its bouts that it was being more irritated, I had sex and it was a lot better the following 3 days, but it has no pattern.

• Posted

hey man sorry you’ve been dealing with this. I started having the exact same thing happened about four or five months ago. i mean EXACTLY, im also uncut and mine looks red and has lines all through it/swollen urethra just like yours. The itching inside the urethra and the burning on urination was so bad there for a while i about couldnt take it. anyway I don’t know if this will shed light on your situation but I urge you to ask your doctors if they can somehow do a urine test for chlamydia a bit differently. i was tested 2-3 times since august, all negative. But a couple weeks ago i got paperwork from my doctor on this last urine analysis, and it ahows that im positive for chlamydia. I did have unprotected sex with a girl around September when this first was starting but I had multiple rounds of antibiotics, the rocephin shot, and zero sexual partners for months.. so somehow this thing can lie dormant or even evade the tests. i’ve been taking 500 mg of Levaquin for 6 days now, and although the red, dry glans havent changed much, i can actually pee comfortably now, and the itching/burning is 95% better, and the peehole looks almost normal. Also I have a question, does it look way redder/shiny/wrinkly when you get an erection or if you masturbate or something? because mine does. it doesnt hurt if i do so now, but itches mildly and my glans look awful afterwards lol Hang in there man we can get through this somehow!! Feel free to message me on here anytime

• Posted

hey guys im having the same problem and its been 6 weeks. inflamed at the tip of my penis and red. rubs on my underwear and becomes very irritated. feeling hopeless

• Posted

I'm over 3 months in and it comes in waves, but it seems like the only thing helping is time.

What started yours? Did you get tested?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.