Inflamed Pancreas

Posted , 8 users are following.

I had pain in my upper abdomen so I went to the ER. I had one incident of an inflamed Pancreas and according to the Doctor I have Acute Pancreatitis. I dont see how one incident can result in a lifetime diagnosis.  I am being told by some, no alcohol ever again. But in my discharge papers from the Hospital it says no more than two drinks per day. A bit confused. 

Steve

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I like the Panky bit.   I dont know how long this will take but it started 1st Nov being rushed in with flashing lights and was very very bad, a week in intensive care then a week in a room, two weeks at home and then got hit again, flashing lights and eight days in hospital then home for and then flashing lights again just as we were sitting down for XMass dinner!  Now have a 9cm Cyst and others plus inflamed Panky.  Its as long as a piece of string. If the large cyst as not gone after next scan I am off for an opp at Addenbrooks Cambridge.  I am still off of work and as you say, you just dont know when it will flair up ( it has a few times after leaving hospital).  You just have to keep you're chin up.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.