Information on the 4D Urolift

Posted , 9 users are following.

Good afternoon all.  As you know I was in the hospital.  I got this e-mail from a lady from neotract.  This information all men that are considering UROLIFT should know.  The regular Urolift works great.  This information is on the 4D Urolift.  She wrote that they have not formally studied this variation of the procedure but the doctors that are doing it said that being the bladder neck is intact that the ejaculatory function is preserved.  So the company is letting the doctor do it there way.  But with them doing clips on the bladder neck and a bladder neck incision they are keeping the bladder neck open.  They use a laser to do the incision.  We have had some men on here that have had it done and they ended up with problem.  With this also it make the healing time longer.  Then at the end she goes on to say that unfortunately sexual dysfunction commonly occurs with BPH and many men suffer from both.  Shows like they are down playing it and letting the doctor do it the way they want.  If they continue to do it this way it will just be like the others.  God bless all of you  Ken    

1 like, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Sorry, late here. My prostate ended in pathology lab sliced and diced.

Ken, I hope it was nothing major with you. Wish you speedy recovery.

MK

• Posted

I went in for one problem and ended up not being able to pee.  After 32 hours they put a catheter in and only got 500 out the next day after 17 hour they did it again got 800 out.  They sent me home yesterday with clear urine but today only got out 100  very painful and very dark blood around the tip  Bladder spasms hurt alot don't know if I should call  I don;t see my doctor till Monday. My doctor did a scope on wednesday said all way fine.  But it took 6 trys to catheter me the other days  Sorry about your prostate. Ken 

• Posted

Boy that sucks ken. You were doing

pretty good post urolift weren't you? If I recall you had stricture right?

• Posted

Yes I was.  My doctor does not know why I stop peeing.  They catheter me 6 ttimes very painful.  Never had it like that before.  He did a Rigid Cystoscopy on Wednesday and said all was good.  Urolift in place and prostate wide open.  They sent me home yesterday with clear urine.  Last night was fine but today I have only gotten 100cc out very dark and I have a face cloth around the tip and I have went through 4 with dark bloody liquid  The spasms suck Ken  
    • Posted

Ken, alpha blockers might relax and therefore relieve your bladder spasms. I know you don't like to take them but it's better than suffering. Hank

• Posted

Been on Flomax since Tuesday.  Don't like it  but I'm taking them to see if it helps Not enough  Ken  

• Posted

What dose is your flomax ? Unless you have low blood pressure and  experience dizziness, ask your doctor or nurse if you can take more. 

Also, if your urine does not clear soon, you should check back to the hospital.  If you feel dizzy, ask someone to drive you. Take care. Hank

• Posted

It's only 4mg  have a headache drinking some more water if it does not clear up soon I will call the doctor  Thanks  Had blood clogs on by prostate last year   Ken   

• Posted

I was not able to pee. They cath me after 32 hours got 500cc and then after 17 hours they did it again. Got 800cc out. They wanted to see why i was not peeing. Also it showed stones in bladder all was fine no stones. Just had the cather out. 2 hours ago. Peed on my own. 400cc hope i can go home soon. Ken
  • Posted

Don’t get urolift bc I heard from many docs that this is the worst option and that they leave these metal clips in your prostate that can hang in to your urethra. Consider pae which is what I got. Dr. Bagla did mine over a year ago and it worked great without a chance of incontinence or impotence. 
    • Posted

Sam. I had the urolift done all most 3 years ago im fine. No side effects and no retro. Did you end up with retro from your pae. I would never have the 4d urolift. They laser the bladder neck and some doctors clipnit open. That will cause retro. Hope you well ken
    • Posted

Hi Ken, in Urolift, where do uros staple those clips from prostate to ? From one part of the prostate to another part ? I assume it is done outside the urethra ? Hank

• Posted

Hank i had 4 clips the one end is attach to the bottom and the other to the top which pulls it about. Just had muine check and im wide open. Ken

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.