Information on the 4D Urolift

Posted , 9 users are following.

Good afternoon all.  As you know I was in the hospital.  I got this e-mail from a lady from neotract.  This information all men that are considering UROLIFT should know.  The regular Urolift works great.  This information is on the 4D Urolift.  She wrote that they have not formally studied this variation of the procedure but the doctors that are doing it said that being the bladder neck is intact that the ejaculatory function is preserved.  So the company is letting the doctor do it there way.  But with them doing clips on the bladder neck and a bladder neck incision they are keeping the bladder neck open.  They use a laser to do the incision.  We have had some men on here that have had it done and they ended up with problem.  With this also it make the healing time longer.  Then at the end she goes on to say that unfortunately sexual dysfunction commonly occurs with BPH and many men suffer from both.  Shows like they are down playing it and letting the doctor do it the way they want.  If they continue to do it this way it will just be like the others.  God bless all of you  Ken    

1 like, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had the 4D procedure 3 months ago. First time surgeon did this method solo. Disaster. Constant leaking incontinence, discomfort and retrograde ejaculation. Anyone else had similar problems? My symptoms prior to the op were manageable, now I have no quality of life. I have just started taking Mirabegron to see if this can control incontinence. Had another rigid cystoscopy and anatomically it all looks good according to surgeon, but opening up the bladder neck with 4 inserts seems to have more consequences than expected. I am not pleased to hear that there was no formal study of the 4D pattern.
    • Posted

Sorry about that .  I have been writing on this forum against the 4 D urolift.  It is wrong for them to change the urolift procedure.  The company does not regulate the doctors.  Got that from the company. They are letting them do what they want.  My urologist told me when I ask him about it.  He said that he would not add to the urolift because it does what it is suppose to do open the prostate.   I hope you get better don't know if there is anything they can do now  Ken  Tell him you want the 4 clips off the bladder neck.  See if he can do that.     

• Posted

Hey there.  I sent a e-mail to my doctor to see if the clips can be taking off the bladder neck.  I know they can be taking off the prostate.  I will let you know  Ken  
  • Posted

Thanks Ken. They can theoretically remove them but will have to go mining for them as the epithelium will have grown over the inner tabs and they'll be well embedded. I also don't know if he did any undeclared cutting of the bladder neck as part of this. Plus, there's no guarantee that I even get back to where I was. Not a happy man, but after 2 days of Mirabegron I can sort of function as though in discomfort almost continuously, I am not leaking as much. Hoping that a week or two might see some improvement if my whole pelvic floor isn't constantly trying to hold back a flood.

• Posted

I feel for you buddy.  I would never have let my doctor do that to me if that is the way the urolift was none.  Yes in 3 months it may be hard to get the clips out but he could cut the string to release the bladder neck..  I told the company that if they don't start to do something I will continue the petition on there company.  I have over 500 now.  They were not happy why miss up a procedure when it worked fine...Ken 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.