information regarding Ambien

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi,

I'm hoping some people may be able to help with gather some information regarding the Ambien sleeping pills.

I've known for some time that my mum was buying sleeping pills over the internet from America (she's based in the UK), and it was only recently that I managed to find out by covert means that she has been ordering Ambien, in great quantities. She's very secretive, and denies she buys any.

Basically, her latest email shows that she bought 240 pills, costing $452, $25 of which is postage cost. Since January, she has spent about £2000 on these pills. Sorry for mixing dollars and pounds, but I'm getting the information from two different sources. I don't know if she's consuming the pills at the rate she's buying them. I suspect her doctor originally prescribed her this drug many years ago.

So my first question is, is she getting value for money? The website she buys it from looks dodgy to me. The postage seems quite high to me as well. I have no idea how much these pills should cost. She orders them over the phone, and when they call her, they sound dodgy to me on the phone as well! She always cuts them off before I can hear what they want, but it's obvious who they are. The website states they are in America, but I don't know if that's certain either, or whether that matters.

My next question is, what's the legality of buying pills from America that are prescription only in the UK? If it's legal, is there any restrication as to the quantity per transaction? It seems to me that the quantity she is ordering is excessive. 

Thanks for any advice. 

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Next
  • Posted

My thoughts are that it may be illegal as you are

bringing Class drugs into the country. The drugs

are prescription only.

Is your mum using more than she was in the beginning? She may have a tolernce to the drugs now and have to take more to get the effect she had in the beginning.

Are you able to secretly look at her credit card bills?

this would indicate how much she uses.

When people become addicted they become secretive and hide hide their problem from not only.you but themselves also.

Be gentle with her, maybe you could see her GP I confidence or maybe you. could go to the

Drs together.

Tolerance means you tend to increase the intake of drugs.

When do you stop?

As with any meds its easy to unintentionally take an overdose.

Hope this helps x

• Posted

Hi everyone, 

Thanks for your advice, and sorry for my show reply.

Since my last post, I should mention that my mum took another overdose, and died as a result, in July.

Prior to her death, I had spoken to her doctor, but he was at a loss as to how to help. I did warn her about quality of the pills she was buying from abroad. Unfortunately, if someone has the means to buy the drugs, and no motivation to stop, there's not a lot anyone else can do to stop it.

Maybe this can serve as a warning to anyone else tempted.

Thanks again.

• Posted

Neil I,am do sorry to hear your news. I wish I could pick you up and cuddle you.

Your mums life will not be I vain.

I am stopping buying drugs off the internet.

So one person at least has listened to you

and improved their life.

Think of all the good memories hold them close to you. Nothing can take those from youI feel it must be harder to come to terms when losing someone to drugs,overdose intentional or accidental.

As you say , if someone wants the drugs, has the money and no motivation to stop using them, there is nothing anyone can do even with the best will.

As I say " your mums life will not be in vain, she will live on with me, a good but sad incentive to stop taking these drugs.

I send you my love, hope, faith and happiness.

She is at peace now from those evil drugs.

Please don't blame yourself in any way. The blame belongs solely with the addictive way of the drugs. You couldn't win that battle no matter how hard you tried.

Xxxxx

• Posted

Just a short quick note to say. I am thinking of you, sending you strength, peace, love and faith.

Linda xx

• Posted

Hi Linda,

Thanks for your kind words, and I'm pleased to hear that you have decided to apprach these pills with caution. Even the legitimate ones can't be good for you. It must be awful having a sleeping problem though, so I hope you are able to sort it out without having to resort to nasty drugs like these. 

• Posted

Thank you Neil.

I have now also cut myself sleeping tablets

by 50% and plan to reduce from there.

I will be drug free then.

I was on Diazepam for a long time but managed to stop them.

What really worries me is the some folk on here use their prescription but then go and

buy more from the internet.

I truly don't understand but it is the way of the,addictive drugs.

You couldn't have done more and always remember that your mum may have taken

an accidental overdose, its an easy thing to do when under the influence of drugs.

I send you love, healing, faith, hope, happiness and some money in your pocket and food in your tum

With love Linda xxx

• Posted

Hi Neil

I would be more worried that the product your mum is obtaining is what it says it is. There are so many fraudsters selling fake and dodgy products. She would be much better visiting a gp and getting a prescription so at least she would know the drugs are safe and a prescription would be much more cost effective.  I don't know where she is in the uk but for me prescriptions are free. I know they are cutting back on zolpidem but they do prescribe and I have no issues at all with my gp.  

• Posted

I have deleted the posts by the user advising buying of meds off the internet and providing phone numbers etc. If users see posts like this please use the "Report" link to draw them to our attention. It is a very dodgy practice to take advice from these users who are generally spammers. While we try and keep an eye out for things ike this we rely on users to inform us of this type of post that does get through.

Regards,

Alan

• Posted

Along lifes road we walk,

Getting to the,age we are all talk

We think we know the world about

What we knew we couldn't shout

We knew nothing.

Then one day in the morning air.

I sat and looked while brushing my hair

Who is the old lady I can see.

Oh my god.....its me.

Hope you like the poem I gave written for you

Neil.

God bless

Linda xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.