information regarding Ambien

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi,

I'm hoping some people may be able to help with gather some information regarding the Ambien sleeping pills.

I've known for some time that my mum was buying sleeping pills over the internet from America (she's based in the UK), and it was only recently that I managed to find out by covert means that she has been ordering Ambien, in great quantities. She's very secretive, and denies she buys any.

Basically, her latest email shows that she bought 240 pills, costing $452, $25 of which is postage cost. Since January, she has spent about £2000 on these pills. Sorry for mixing dollars and pounds, but I'm getting the information from two different sources. I don't know if she's consuming the pills at the rate she's buying them. I suspect her doctor originally prescribed her this drug many years ago.

So my first question is, is she getting value for money? The website she buys it from looks dodgy to me. The postage seems quite high to me as well. I have no idea how much these pills should cost. She orders them over the phone, and when they call her, they sound dodgy to me on the phone as well! She always cuts them off before I can hear what they want, but it's obvious who they are. The website states they are in America, but I don't know if that's certain either, or whether that matters.

My next question is, what's the legality of buying pills from America that are prescription only in the UK? If it's legal, is there any restrication as to the quantity per transaction? It seems to me that the quantity she is ordering is excessive. 

Thanks for any advice. 

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

These Ambiem cost 4$ to 5$ apiece in the U.S and are R.X not over the counter. You must have a Dr, order for.
  • Posted

Ho boy, what a scary thread ! My deepest sympathy Neil123.  May this serve to a warning to those who want to abuse this very powerful drug.   I am on it myself and want to stop after only 3 months because I've seen how powerful these are and an overdose is so easy to do. One night i think I took 2 or 3 pills , not remembering taking one before...with a few beer... I almost died and since then I've stopped drinking. So now I have to deal with alcohol Withdrawal, panic attacks and this zolpidem that I have to stop.  Anyway, your story did convinced me even more that this drug is too dangerous.   Just for educational purpose, i'm Canadian and the Zolpidem cost $60 canadian for 30 10mg.  I thought that in UK we could get a generic version. Anyway, whatever the cost, it's too costly for my mental health.
    • Posted

Hi, I hope you are having some success with coming off the zolpidem. I understand that it's very addictive, so it must be tricky.
  • Posted

I finally came off the Zolpidem, it's not so addictive after all. What's addictive if the fact that we can fall asleep so easily with it, until it start loosing it's effectiveness . Then when we realize that we need more and more, it's easier to restrain ourself from using it.   It's now 6 week without it. I've managed to sleep by using citalopram, low dose ( 10 mg)  with serax. but now, all the benzodiazepines have lost their effectiveness.

What will i do next , i don't know, I will see my doctor tomorrow and I've finally got an appointement with a psychologist. I take it one day at the time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.