Injections in hands to relieve pain. Does anyone remember this discussion? PLEASE HELP!

Posted , 9 users are following.

I'm a PMR survivor after 2 1/2 yrs of PMR. I read several weeks ago of one of you having steroid injection in her hands to relieve the pain and can't remember who is was. If you read this, I'd really appreciate your answer on how it affected you. I've had to wait 4 months for an appt. with the hand doctor so my appt. is next month. Did it relieve any of your pain? What has been the outcome of your treatment. My fingers are so painful and restrict me in so many of the things I do and was hoping I would get some good relief with the treatment. I do not know ifthis problem was related to PMR or not. THANK YOU!!!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi dont know if i am t one you are texting about, but yes i had a steroid injection in my right hand.

speaking for myself i can only say that i have had about 25 percent relieve from it, but we are all different, i would not let it stop me having it in my other hand if i got the chance.

any relieve is better than none, they did tell me it would work, or it would not as we are all different. please let us know how you go on.

hopefully i am hoping i can have them in my feet, as i can hardly walk and two years ago i ad them and for three months i could walk a lot better, but i know they are now worse.

good luck regards Margaret

• Posted

Yes Margaret, you are the one! Thanks so much for your prompt reply. I'm glad it helped you some, and you had a great response in your feet. It is really difficult when your feet are so painful that it is difficult to walk. I have been taking yucca (OTC) for about 3 months recommended by a friend, and don't really know if it helped so not ordering any more. It's amazing how much we depend upon our hands and fingers until they become so painful and difficult. I've had to wait 4 months for the appt. and hope it's worth the wait!Please take care of yourself! Elinor

• Posted

Hi glad to help, and i hopw what ever you choose to do helps.

Best wishes Margaret

• Posted

I know this is not the answer you are looking for, but a year ago I had issue with my hands, finger joints were hurting and swollen some. My rheumatologist increased the pred dose from 3mg to 8-9 for short time and then I tapered down over next several months. It completely took care of the problem. I am now below 3mg level ( the dose that last time issue occurred) and had no problem with hands

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. I no longer have PMR and I did try prednisone without relief. I could try it again in future. I'm glad that it did help you. We don't realize how important our fingers are until they develop these problems!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.