Innovo for urinary stress incontinence

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi I've suffered with urinary incontinence for years, the slightest cough and I leak. I'm getting desperate now but have been put off the TVT op after researching it thoroughly and seeing people's experiences of it. I have bought the Innovo pelvic floor improver (electrical impulse garment) I was just wondering if anyone else has used this and what results you have had with it, I am on my second week of use so it's early days yet, but it would be good to hear from other users. X

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I had tvt done 6 weeks ago and it's been amazing! I was never great with leakage and it just got worse after kids. I had a very experienced surgeon so I was ok with getting it done. Highly recommend tvt with experienced surgeon

• Posted

Hi Lizzie I really hope it's a great success for you, all the research I've done so far has been 99% negative towards TVT that's why I haven't had it up to now. Please let us know how you progress in the future, best of luck x 

• Posted

Hi Lizziep

I had a Tvt 3 weeks ago and am experiencing abdominal pain and a yellow discharge that I hope is not urine. 

Did you have abdominal pain,  pain at incision site, and discharge?

If so, how long did it take for it to go away? 

• Posted

Hi Julie,  I used a Kegel 8 for about 18 months without success. Not sure if this is a similar device to yours.  It fits inside the vagina and gives off electrical pulses which are supposed to tighten the muscles around the bladder. I hope you have more success with yours. 
    • Posted

Hi Mary90 I am sorry this hasn't worked for you. I wonder what unit and probe you were using? it is clinically proven. We'd love to help if you call our helpline in the literature you received with the unit we will be able to give you additional help from a female representative.  I'd love to help you get the best from your purchase! S

• Posted

Thank you for your concern Stephanie. Just over a year ago I had a Burch colposuspension which has been completely successful so, thankfully, I don't need any help with the Kegel 8. I did give it a good try and I know others have found it helpful but it had no affect on my leaking even after nearly 2 years of using it every day 

• Posted

Hi Mary 90 it is not an internal device, there are two garments that you attach gel pads to in specific places and they cover electrodes, each garment wraps around your buttocks and top of your leg, wires are attached to a small control box which sends electrical impulses through the pads and you increase the sensitivity over time. It is said to stimulate the pelvic floor muscle to strengthen it. I can feel the contractions in my buttocks and between my legs, as it says you are supposed to. it is suggested it's used five days then two off for 12 weeks. Only time will tell. I will keep you posted. X 

• Posted

ps if you go on Lenovo website you can read about it there. 
    • Posted

Hi again Mary would you recommend the procedure you've had done? Out of that and the TVT I've researched, the birch colposuspension did seem like the most preferable choice, it's in the back of my mind in case the Innovo doesn't work, but I really hope it does x

• Posted

I've never heard of this Julie. It sounds a bit awkward, doesn't it get in your way if you have to wear it all day?  I hope it works for you though. Good luck!

• Posted

Yes definitely Julie. If the Innovo doesn't work (I hope it does). The colposuspension was completely successful for me. I would never have TVT. I know some women have had successful outcomes but there have been too many with horrible side effects which often didn't become apparent until some time after the procedure itself. 

If you need any more information about  the colposuspension in the future just let me know 

All the best

Mary

• Posted

Hi Mary you only have to wear it 30mins a day for five day then have two day off, for twelve weeks.  I use mine at night while watching tv x
    • Posted

Hi Mary thanks for that, I feel the same about TVT know a few who had it but now wish they hadn't, also all the research I've done about it has been 99%negative. I will definitely get back to you if I need to, thanks x 

• Posted

It sounds good;  I really hope it works for you!  Whatever happens you should have a beautifully toned bottom anyway. 😀

• Posted

I have looked at innovo before, but haven't purchased it yet. I'd love to hear how you're liking it! How easy has it been to use? Have you noticed a difference at all?

• Posted

Hi Sarah I am on my second week, not noticed much yet but they say most people notie improvements in 4-6 weeks and some are totally dry after the twelve weeks. I really hope this is genuine and it gives me at least some improvement. I will keep you posted as I go along. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.