InsoMEia!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hidi Hi Campers!

Most of this week has been tough regarding sleep. I just cant seem to nod off - infact I am rather awake! :shock: I lay there for ages trying my hardest to 1) get comfy (Fibromyalgia) and 2) sleep. For example last night I was still laid in bed AWAKE at 3.50am! :shock: Only to awake at 7.00am. I haven't even had an afternoon sleep. It seems as though my body refuses to rest and I really need to. Even if I sit quietly reading a book or watching TV the insomnia is still there in the evening. I had an hours kip on the sofa yesterday and woke up in agony! Tonight I am meeting some girlfriends from the stables so I am going to have a little tipple to see if that works ( Any excuse!)

Anyone else suffering with insomnia at the min?

Donna x

0 likes, 87 replies

87 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Donna, the cheapest coffin will set you back between £275 and £325 :roll:
  • Posted

I went to a funeral recently and the deceased had a wicker one - it looked really lovely (though I was worried about the possibility of it leaking a bit :shock: - but then that is the practical nurse in me I expect).

Cripes, what a subject.

Sorry, you guys are having such problems with sleep - it's really miserable and I do feel for you, as I have been in that awful situation many times in my life - particularly when I was a youngster like you! It becomes a habit - and it is really hard for your body to break that habit. That's why I am a great believer in the old sleeping tablet now and again!

• Posted

After my busy day today I am actually feeling rather tired SO I am going to run a hot bath and put on my new PJ's.

I am going to have a long hot soak and get my daughter to dry my hair and style it. I am going to paint my toe nails and moisturise my body.

Lets hope tonight is the first night of many good nights of sleep to come?

Donna x

• Posted

Night, night Donna :zzz:

Here's hoping :roll:

• Posted

No :bleep: chance!

I had my bath etc etc etc jumped into bed and was still laid there til all hours. :shock: I did drift on and off all night but no deep sleep. I feel terrible today - the worst in a long time! I awoke with the worst Fibromyalgia ever! My daughter had to fetch me pain killers before I got out of bed. It has eased but by heck its still there niggling at my shoulders and back. I feel like ripping it out of my body - today is not good for me :wah:

When will this all end?

Donna x

p.s I have sopke with a GP about sleeping tablet (s) but this was not advised and suggested I persisit and my body clock will sort itself out in time - YEAH RIGHT! My GP hasnt come back off maternity leave yet but it will not come a day too soon!

• Posted

Seriously Donna, try to find a holistic therapist and book a remedial back neck and shoulder massage. I have one booked for this afternoon. they really do the business.

I don't mean the sort you get in a beauty salon, a real therapy one. :D

• Posted

Thanks Alicvia I will look into that but last year I had a back and neck massage bought for my birthday and they refused to do it because I had ME and felt it may make things worse by stimulating the nerve ends.

I ended up with an eyebrow shape and tine along with a fantastic pedicure!

Donna

What is the difference between a therapy and holistic?

• Posted

I too got refured to a massage place last year by my doc, but they also refused to do anything to me as ive got M.E

when i woke this morning i was ok, but as the days gone on my neck and shoulders have really stiffened up, i was just relaxing in front on the tv for hr or so, just went to get up and BLARRRR i carnt move, the pain in my neck is terribly painfull and feels like its on fire, i havnt got fibromalgia so i hope this isnt the start of it, carnt even have a soak in a bath as im in a caravan :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

• Posted

I've had the odd night i just can't get to sleep or maybe just nod off and there is a slight noise and that's it, i'm awake most of the night.

One thing i've had since Christmas though, when this all mainly started :x , is the achey ears, so when i want to lay on my side, i have to make a little indent in the pillow for my ear :shock: :? or i can't sleep.

• Posted

A holistic therapist will treat the whole body and a holistic massage will work on muscles, lymph nodes and associated nerves acting rather like a reset button for your body.

A beauty salon massage will just rub your muscles and feel nice at the time but not have any lasting effect.

My muscles are always a bit sore afterwards but the looseness and lack of tension is noticeable straight away. This evening I feel as though I could spin my head round 360 degrees

• Posted

Cripes, Alicia - don't do that please - sounds like something out of 'The Exorcist' :shock:

Jay and Donna - I am totally amazed that you have been refused a massage 'cos of ME - never heard that one before!! :shock:

Jay, I have to say that your recent pain sound suspiciously like fibromyalgia, I'm afraid sad Whenever anyone mentions a 'burning' pain it rings alarm bells. (Maybe though, you just overdid it a bit giving me that lovely massage yesterday ... :smiley: -perhaps not quite so vigorous next time:wink: )

Donna - I really don't think it would have done you any harm just being prescribed a few sleepers for heaven's sake - with ME our flipping body clocks are completely off the wall in the first place :evil:If I were nearer I would let you have a couple of mine just to give you, hopefully, at least a couple of nights' respite. Have you ever tried a slug of 'Night Nurse' - works for some folk. Or Nytol (not the herbal ones, the ones you have to buy from a Pharmacy) - I have found half dose can be effective and even if you wake up you still feel relaxed :sleepy:

And James - I tried not to laugh about your ears :lol: but I couldn't resist it - I shall be thinking of you making little indents in you pillow every night - that's really sweet :blush:

Take care everyone

Sweet dreams - hopefully :roll:

Katie xx

• Posted

[quote:776208ed10]And James - I tried not to laugh about your ears but I couldn't resist it - I shall be thinking of you making little indents in you pillow every night - that's really sweet [/quote:776208ed10]

Thanks, but it does get annoying to keep doing it all the time though.

Maybe when the weather cools down a bit over night, we all can get some better sleep.

• Posted

James - What exactly is the matter with your ear? Is it an internal pain like your ear drum cos when I wake up one of my ears feels like I have bent it or slept funny on it! I know look like one of those dogs with a pert ear and a floppy ear :lol: :bunny:

Kaite - I am going to try and get some Nytol form the chemist tommorow. As you can see its 11.23pm and feeling awake!

Alicia - I will look into your suggestion of a holistic therapist. How much does this cost?

Anyways campers its time to hit the sack - well not literally! :oops:

Donna x

• Posted

I pay between £25 and £30 depending how long I am there. It is worth every penny and as I don't smoke or drink or eat out or buy new clothes and I get DLA I am justified on spending £30 a month on relief from my pain and stiffness.
  • Posted

Hi everyone

Donna - hope you managed some sleep after all. Sleep deprivation is one of the worst things that I have ever experienced smile Think that was a bunny that you pictured, not a dog smile by the way!!

It's strange how we all seem to be suffering from so much pain at the moment. I don't think I could bear to even have a massage as my shoulders are so painful. I just feel as if my arms have been wrenched out of their sockets and a hot poker twisted into my shoulder blades sad

And it's a miserable day here and was supposed to be nice :roll:

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.