Insomnia

Posted , 7 users are following.

Whilst this discussion is about insomnia, I feel it's a result of drinking too much for too many years, which is why I've posted it in the alcohol consumption group.

Like a lot of people here, I don't sleep well. I went to bed on Sunday night, woke up 2am and have not slept a wink since.

My medication is 20mg citralapam and 5mg NITRAZAPAM each night.

I'm after any advice on how other people manage, what do you do when you can't sleep. I've tried all the usual things, but am now getting desparate. I ironed for two hours 3.30 - 5.30 am this morning, went shopping at  9.30am today, and now just wondering whether it's worth going to bed at all.

I know perfectly well that I could go downstairs, warm some milk and add a huge amount of whisky and sugar and be asleep within ten minutes. However I don't want to go down that route again.

ive changed bedrooms as my constant tossing, turning and moaning was starting to annoy my oh. 

Any sensible suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks

Vikkilou

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello to you all. As I've meantioned on here many times, I have horrendous insomnia. I think it's become obsessive and psychological now! Funny when I saw it today as I'd been googling otc sleep aids. I have got one that works quite well but leaves you groggy the next day. But I'd suppose feeling groggy is slightly better than when I don't sleep at all, and blimey I have had many nights like you vickylou, where I haven't slept a wink all night.

I now try to turn off iPad and iPhone an hour or 2 before I sleep as research says it can stimulate the brain. Not noticed a difference though! 

Anyway very jealous again Vickylou and hope you have a fantastic holiday 😎 Xx

• Posted

I know your not supposed to but I have to use my phone in the night when I can't sleep
  • Posted

I take phergan, which we had when I was in rehab, as non addictive

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.