Insomnia again. Please share your experiences.

Posted , 15 users are following.

I wake up easily during the night with any movement of my husband next to me. Then I cant go back to sleep no matter if it was only 2-3 or 4 hours that I actually slept.  It is killing me. I cant take sleeping pills. Has anybody found any solution? I might have some mild OCD -intrusive thoughts disorder and I think I additionally tense up and worry that I wont fall asleep. I cant live lie this. 

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

mine is worst i didnt sleep at all lastnight bec . everytime i close my eyes my anxiety take over and hot flashes
  • Posted

I had an episode of insomnia some time back I had intrusive thoughts that scared me terribly I tried to remind myself it's the hormones it's not easy

• Posted

and my anxiety attack started after i was surfing symptoms and scared me i had on and off insomia like almost every month for years this is worst be of the anxiety attack
  • Posted

Do you have a spare bed you can sleep in for a while to maybe stop the pattern and try going back to the bed with your husband?  I found last year I slept in the spare room quite a bit because of some of these peri symptoms.  I am back in my husbands bed now, so it's not like it's forever.

• Posted

oh i dont have spare room my kids sleeping in the other room ..just hard to sleep with so much noise for fast few days i fall asleep after my husband left for work good thing he left early around 5
  • Posted

Last night was a bad night for me...I woke up with a headache and sweating. I felt like my head was exploding. I was worried it was my blood pressure but the machine confirmed that was ok. I figured peri since I'm 41. I couldn't go back to sleep and ended up finding relief on the cold tile floor.

I was hard not to let anxiety take over, I just kept saying..."this will pass"

• Posted

I would also try to sleep in another room just to see if that helps.  Even for 1-2 good nights rest.  I have been there though.  All I know is I am sleeping better now than I was last year.  The only thing I could do was watch tv with the volume low and might dose back off.  It's miserable, I know.  Magnesium oil rubbed on your feet or lower legs can help too

• Posted

Ugh...the dreaded insomnia and the terrible anxiety about stuff you can do nothing about at 3:00 am. It really is terrible, isn't it?  Are you able to take melatonin?  I have found that it really relaxes me around bedtime, and if I wake up at 2-3am, I will sometimes take another until I nod back off again. It isn't foolproof but it seems to take the edge off sometimes. It also doesn't make me feel all fuzzy headed in the morning like some of the over the counter stuff does. 

• Posted

I could not take it anymore - Dr. Prescribed me Klonipin for sleep. Most of my palpatations and rapid heart beat happen at night time so this helps me . 
  • Posted

Hi,

I went through a stage of not sleeping too, my doctor gave me dimazepan  and it realky worked, but he wanted me only to take it short term due to the addictive nature of it.

He then gave me the name of an over the counter sleeping aid to take, Restavit,  completely  natural  and it really works. I already take escitalopram so there are so many medications I can't take with it like Bachs etc... this really worked for me and sent me in to a natural sleep for the whole night.  I always make sure I'm asleep before my husband comes to bed, otherwise I toss and turn for hours.  Good luck xx

• Posted

I have the same problem.  I stopped fighting it and let myself get up and do few things around the house.  Or I read in bed, read websites like this... my husband sleep through all of it.  I try to sneak in a late afternoon nap which works with my schedule.  By not fighting it or trying to make myself sleep, I am starting to have more good nights.  
  • Posted

Guys, I had taken sleeping pills before-Klonopin and nitrazepam, years ago. fter i came off of them, which was a horrible experience they do not work anymore. ll they can do is put me in another withdrawal.  over the counter sleep meds stopped working on me after the sleepig pills.  For a short while I was able to take Remeron , a very slight piece ane it calmed my palpitations and put me to sleep nicely. I used it maybe once a month. And then  suddenly, I guess wen I hit perimeno nothing works! Remeron just makes me hallucinate and not sleep, benadryl makes my pulse so rapid i cant even stay put in bed.  Now insomnia got very bad. I must have an obsessive mind because I worry that I wont sleep for another night and it makes me even more tense. 2 years ago i had this problem, I would no sleep for 2, sometimes 3 nights. Now it did not happen much but still.  Life without sleep is worthless. I am starting to think of HRT , perhaps tis would make any positive difference?  Sometimes I get suicidal.  That is how I am about sleep.

• Posted

i feel your pain too lastnight i dont know if i sleep i just keep my eyes close ..its hard when it keep coming back i thot its over coz for 2 nights i had a good sleep bec i was taking lorezapam i sleep good and the next night i sleep ok maybe 6 hours with out sleep aid but lastnight agony again omg i thot of suicidal too like drive myself to a clip

• Posted

Amen to sleep being #1 we are worthless without it. Top priority , i put everything else aside for this.

HRT bioidentical could help, worth a try im into my 3rd week of it, but do not see results yet. Im hoping to raise the hormone levels that i have depleted, so i can feel balance, and out of the depression.

For me its hit and miss with sleep, but when i dont sleep i begin the fear of not sleeping the next night and the party begins.. sad

xx

• Posted

Yes, that stupid obsessive worry that you won't sleep again next night. Some people don't have this and that is why are calmer.

• Posted

Could you keep us posted about the hormone progress, please?  Thanks
    • Posted

Hi

i was very close to giving up but HRT saved me. 50mg estrogen patches and the drug uterogestan. i had to increase this from 100 to 200mg for insomnia but changed my sleep overnight!! was prescribed by a consultant at the menopause clinic who knew her stuff!!

best of luck xxx

sarah

• Posted

Hi

OMG i cant believe i have found a couple of you ladies who seem to suffer exactly the same as me INSOMNIA .... i have total loss of sleep i.e i dont get drowsy to fall asleep i go weeks without a single night sleep until sometimes a sleeping tablet works but now even they dont work. I am now on hrt. I take oestrogel one pump or two plus 100mg of uterogestan . i also take 20mg of agnus castus daily and still i cant get drowsy to sleep. i lay in bed with eyes closed all night but i am awake. i see you were able to increase your uterogestan ? this has not even been suggested for me... did it work the first night you increased it or did you have to go a period of time taking it before you saw the effects? thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.