Insomnia due to peri menopause

Posted , 14 users are following.

I'm going through perimenopause and suffer quite bad insomnia anyone got any suggestions to get a decent nice sleep even 3 nights a week would be awesome!

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

hi i have a bath epsom salts , packed with magnesium. im having much better quality sleep. most chemists sell them now . hope it works

• Posted

I have found half an hour free style swimming helps a lot with sleep. Watching some nature or landscape documentary before sleep also helped.

• Posted

kalms do work for me or the occasional Nytol plus lavender baths and relaxing sounds/music.

• Posted

Hi

I've been suffering with insomnia for years!

Probably menopausal by now!

Have tried everything natural and have resulted in taking Valerian caps nightly, which generally gives me a slightly more relaxed night although still waking around 4am (or earlier!)

I find opening the capsule into a little warm oat milk, more beneficial than taking the capsule whole...you get used to the smell!!!

Good Luck!

• Posted

Does anyone who can fall asleep have extremely vivid dreams everytime or is it that you guys arent getting any sleep at all?

Its awful it creeps me out i hate it.

• Posted

Hi Susan. I have vivid/disturbing dreams often. It is VERY creepy! I was up for 3 days straight. Cbd oil helps with sleep and all of the symptoms.

• Posted

I second the Magnesium with Clare. When I was suffering with Anxiety years ago along with muscle twitching, I would take a low dose Magnesium tablet about half an hour before bedtime.

(Recommended by my Osteo) I used to sleep like a log. I take a multi vitamin now so I can't take added Magnesium. X

• Posted

Unfortunately, in spite of taking all sorts of magnesium over years, it does not help with my sleep

It is all so personal!

• Posted

No computer before bed, a warm bath, diffusing essential oils, yoga stretching before bed time, meditation and prayer, reading. The main thing you want to do is get your body into a relaxed state. Have your blood tested to make sure you are not deficent in iron, b vitamins, magnesium and melatonin. You may need to supplement. Avoid sugars and caffinated drinks. Lavender essential oils and Ylang, ylang oils are great for calming. These are just some idea and things that have worked for me.

• Posted

Cbd oil has helped with sleep and body aches. Overall symptoms are better.

• Posted

i feel your pain i also have had insomnia for a year and a half now can go days having just got 2 hours sleep most nights however its upsets me greatly so now i take sleeping pills or have wine its not ideal but it is what it is as a working mum its hard to survive on hardly any sleep i have had cbt and tried everything this was my last resort i hate taking them but without sleep i am a mess

• Posted

My sleep was lousy...always could fall asleep, but then up all night, etc. I take amitriptyline for migraine management and I sleep well now. I have heard it prescribed for insomnia too...but best to check with a dr. If looking for a more natural way...I did try liquid melatonin for a bit...helped a little.

• Posted

I have an app on my phone. Its meditation. I have always been a poor sleeper but this app sends me to sleep even before it's finished, its 30 mins long & I never know how it ends!!! It's great!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.