Interesting

Posted , 9 users are following.

I got an online link to my doctors surgery and put a review in.  I mentioned several things over the years such as being diagnosed with copd by a nurse and not a dr.   Also being turned down for an x-ray several times after my diagnosis (contrary to the NICE guidelines), 

I also said that even though I had repeatedly asked whether I had primarily emphysema or chronic bronchitis they consistenly refuse to tell me.   Even though the treatment is the same,  certainly in the earlier stages,  they are a bit different and I want to know which I have.   All they do is say I don't need to know and just keep insisting it is copd.

Anyway the day after I posted this I got an email from the practise manager showing concern and asking me to ring her to discuss this.  

It does pay to complain doesn't it?  Bev x

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Update:  Following my review of my surgery I got an email the next day from the practice manager asking me to call her.  I did today.

It appears it is quite in order for a nurse to diagnose me (not according to NICE guidelines)  as she was a 'high-end' nurse and could  prescribe.  I mentioned not being given a chest x-ray on diagnosis (again on NICE) and she ignored that and said there is no record of me asking for one.  I did  at least twice with a doctor and with a nurse too.  There was nothing on my notes apparently.   So this must be my fault then - right!. 

I mentioned a GP who prescribed me penicillan after I explained I was allergic to it but who gave it to me anyway.   The manager said there was nothing on my notes to say I was allergic to it so the doctor didn't know.  He did I said because I told him.  But that apparently was ok because it wasn't showing on my records then!

I also mentioned a couple of things about another matter and was told not only was there nothing on there about what the doctor said to me (he was very nasty)  there is no trace of any appointments with him!   I assume then that either I am deluded or a fool!   I am neither.  

She left me seething and I am still wound up now.   Grrrh  Bev x

• Posted

Oh she also said that copd is just an extension of asthma.  I said it's not as it is a serious chronic illness in itself.   x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.