Internal shaking

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi 

I’m 7 months into having glandular fever and like everyone on here. It’s been full of ups and downs. I’ve found by changing my diet, no,gluten, diary and refined sugar has helped.

I’m also having acupuncture which has been amazing a real eye opening - it’s helped with achey joints and mind set.

The fatigue is horrendous,  1 1/2 ago I was running marathons so I’m

A little frustrated. 

One thing that I’ve found tricky is internal shaking - the only way I can describe it is I feel like my nervous system needs to be reset - gets especially worse when I’m hormonal - does anyone else get like this.  Think we just worry that it’s something else.

I just wanted to say thank you for reading this.

Catherine 

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I'm only 4 months in, which has seemed like a lifetime. I get the tremor feeling inside my body...mainly notice when I try to sleep. I've also got a tremor in my hands, which I've had since a teenager and already tested. However went to see the doctor last week and got my blood tested for it. It's all come back normal, but showing very low levels of anemia. The doctor thought the right side of my thyroid was swollen when trying to swallow so I've just had an ultrasound on and waiting for the results. The guy doing it said he can see nothing serious and told me not to worry. Quite difficult not too when generally feeling unwell and since the scan can feel aches in the right side of my neck now

• Posted

Hi Dodge,

You've been through such a tough time by the sounds of it, it is so horrible to live through this virus it really really is. I do want to reassure that this is the worst phase you're going through still, the first 4-5 months for me were by far the worst and although it still took a few more months after that for full recover, the intensity did lessen. It's so frustrating when blood tests show normal when feeling so unwell, not that you want them to show anything bad - my experience was the same after initial blood test which showed mono my blood tests after that were fine - please do take it as reassuring that it means it almost certainly is the virus and nothing else causing these horrible effects. Hoping that they can provide some help for the low levels of anaemia too.

Thinking about you Dodge and just want you to know that things do get better with this virus, what you're going through is the worst stage when you've come so far and still feel awful, this will pass over absolutely it will Dodge, and you will get back to full health and fitness again - I truly believe that and trusting God.

Craig

• Posted

Hi Everyone,

It really gives me comfort to read other stories and know that I am not alone in this journey. I was diagnosed with this virus only recently but have had it for approximately 4 months. I have developed anxiety and I think one of my biggest concerns is the internal tremors, leg muscle weakness and joint pains which for me is on the daily. But reading everyones journey with this virus gives me comfort and I makes me realised that I just need to get through it and that it won't be a forever thing.

Thank you!

• Posted

Hi Alejandra,

Oh goodness so sorry to hear you have been going through such a hard time with the virus this last four months. I really empathise remembering how rough and low I felt after 4 months - in many ways I think that period is the hardest, because you're so weary having been through 4 months of every day such intense symptoms, but still not feeling much better at all and in a really intense phase.

I absolutely just want to reassure you that this can be and is normal for how this virus goes, and it does get better and you do get through this phase and with time reach full recovery. Just focus on one day at a time is all you can do with this Alejandra, I know so much that getting through a day can be so hard and draining and painful with this thing, but take it from me as someone who went through it and thought maybe things wouldn't get fully better, THINGS DO GET FULLY BETTER and you will get there. Don't panic if it still takes a little while for full recovery, that can happen but it absolutely will come, and BY FAR the worst and most intense phase is this first 4-5 months in my experience.

Hang in there and thinking about you. Taking vitamins and herbs helped me during recovery, a good strong multi-vitamin per day, higher doses of Vitamin C (1000mg-3000mg per day), a B complex vitamin per day (good for nervous system and energy levels) and immune boosting herbs like siberian ginseng and echinacea.

There are some great guys on the forum who offer good advice and encouragement for sure, it's a good place to come when feeling down or worried about the virus. Hang in there Alejandra and remember you WILL get better, I truly believe that.

Craig

• Posted

Catherine,

I've felt this as well. It's not a comforting feeling. Acupuncture should be helping that. I've also had kinesiology to reset my body/organs and it seems to be helping. The internal shaking is rare to never since I started with the alternative medicine. I worried about it being something else too, but my holistic doctor told me it actually is your body needing to be reset.

I do believe in the power of holistic medicine as a preventive. I believe it can compliment modern medicine. Since we have something that modern medicine does not help, I decided to try holistic. I'm personally happy I did.

I feel your pain about being frustrated. I am a person who hardly stops moving, that became a person who hardly moved for a few weeks. I've got a ways to go on this journey, but it seems to be improving daily. I hope yours does, as well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.