Internal tremor feeling since shingles

Posted , 22 users are following.

Shingles started for me in July.  Still have some discomfort. More of an ache off and on. Have felt extremely tired. Having some anxiety and depression.  The biggest thing is I feel like there is electricity running through me.  Almost feels like an internal tremor.  My dr just looks at me like I’m nuts.  Wondering if anyone has had any issues I’ve had

3 likes, 49 replies

49 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Melanie - currently in week four !! Everyday brings something new and my anxiety has been extremely high, paranoid it will to appear.  I can relate to the tremors which I would decribe as a shaking inside feeling just horrible - I don't have an answer to what it is but understand what you mean.  I too am exhausted - I have been signed off work and have no energy at all .  I really hope you feel better soon 

• Posted

I got shingles almost a year ago and have had many strange after effects from the disease. Physicians don't know much about shingles so don't count on them to be much help. This forum will probably be the best place to get advice about your symptoms. I think what you may be experiencing is related to shingles; it might be nerve damage combined with anxiety. I had severe anxiety for months after getting shingles. Anxiety can cause all sorts of strange symptoms like electricity in your body or trembling. It can cause a racing heart, too. I think your inner tremors may definitely be related to shingles. 

• Posted

Hi Melanie 

I am currently going through shingles internally I have been so ill the doctors think I am crackers and they gave me an anti depressant tablet to take! Not happy at all there has been some massive help and advice  on here any advice feel free to pm me.

Good luck 

LouLou 

• Posted

Hi Melanie, I have had shingles since June and have the weirdest symptoms! Tremors and twitches that I never had before, as well as the electricity feeling. It's so frustrating  when I see here that those and other symptoms are quite obviously connected yet the physicians still look at you like you are nuts. I hope you feel better soon!

• Posted

I'm sorry I'm not quite sure what you mean, but your shingles has lasted long enough that you're actually in the stage called PHN, Post (meaning afterwards) Herpetic (meaning the herpes zoster virus aka shingles) Neuralagia ( burning, stabbing, nerve pain). I could probably list 15 different types of pain, discomfort or odd feelings I've been dealing with since my shingles a year ago.

Your "internal tremor" could be that odd shaky feeling that anxiety can cause. If you're on certain meds such as Gabapentin they can cause a panicky, anxious feeling. I wouldn't be surprised if the PHN/shingles does too. Or do you mean it's painful? I'll get burning, stabbing jolts of pain, but it's pain, not the weird shaky feeling.

Yeah, a LOT of doctors really don't know what we deal with. I'd say it's "normal" for this danged condition. If you can just try an accept the symptom and chalk it up the the PHN or the meds, it may help. I tell myself, this WILL pass, and keep breathing. I had about a 90 minutes episode of that the other day. It wasn't fun, but it DID stop.  Take care.

BTW, the fatigue and pain may and can lessen, but it may be weeks, or months or longer. I know this sounds discouraging (I denied it too), but around 4 months, I said, a swear word and had to accept it.

• Posted

Hi guys!

I've been struggling with the whole body internal shaking for almost a year and I've been going to doctors and they didn't know what it is. Everytime I was trying to concentrate and think or even watch a movie the internal shaking became worse. I was thinking that I might have some kind of neurological disease.

I tried many things to cure it like aerobic exercise, yoga, meditation, resting, walking everyday, using standing desk, ketogenic diet, Vitamins, drinking alcohol and lot more.

Finally I've found that it might be my cortisol level for me the symptoms were:

Internal Tremor

Weakened immune system

Slow healing of cuts, insect bites and infections

A little weight gain

Loss of emotional control

Decreased libido

I found simple almost complete cure using carbs and lift training and created the page with the whole story and my training schedule, I hope that it may help someone: http://internaltremorcure.pw 

• Posted

I posted above too. If you're on gabapentin, this can be a side effect. Also almost all the things listed in your cortisol level issue are also found while using gab. Ironically, for a different issue several years ago, a doctor tested my cortisol level, thinking it was low, it wasn't. However, you've got to wonder how many of us are in the "normal" range on these tests, yet still have problems.

• Posted

If you're on Gabapentin, tremors are a side effect of the med, along with "jerky movements, difficulty with coordination, anxiety and depression" and numerous other things according to my sheet from Cipla regarding side effects. They've switched suppliers for me, and this new sheet mentions some problems that my other list didn't. I'm one of those people who have had many or most of the side effects.

What meds are you on? I'm directing this to anyone who's come to this particular thread.

• Posted

I know exactly what you mean. I have suffered for 6 years with tremors and electrical shocks. Our nerves at shot. They go crazy all the time.
  • Posted

Thanks everyone for the reply’s! Tremors have gotten alittle better. I have not been on any medication other than ibuprofen.  So I know the tremors are not caused by medication.   What I can’t believe is it’s been since July and I’m still so exhausted. Having insomnia and completely no energy.  It’s crazy how happy I feel when I actually do have a really good day full of energy and feeling good. Just not enough days like that sad
    • Posted

Hi Melanie, 

I know exactly how you feel. I don't have tremors but do have and have had many strange symptoms during and after my shingles outbreak exactly one year ago this month. It has taken until the last couple of months for me to feel well enough to go back to work part-time. For months, I could barely walk or function. I had to stay seated or in bed most of the time. My pain was almost unbearable. As the days went on, I was left with PHN but it slowly has gotten better. I have gained more strength and energy as time went on. I am still not completely healed, but I feel a lot better than six months ago. I truly believe that for many of us time slowly helps ease our pain, anxiety and lack of energy. 

So, don't lose hope. I know what you mean when you say it's crazy how happy a person who has had shingles be when they have a good day. 

• Posted

We share the same anniversary!! Yeah, not worth celebrating is it...I know we've written on the same forums in the past and had a similar story. I've learned to measure my progress in weeks or months. I have to remind myself that something that hurt me (like flossing my teeth) a month ago doesn't hurt anymore. But be aware, under times of stress, lack of sleep or more exertion, you will likely regress. Someday, we should make a list of all the bizarre types of pain or discomfort we get with this danged condition. I had to tell someone yesterday that the new top I was wearing was causing pain because it was slightly off the shoulder/open neck so it was causing me pain! Yeah ridiculous. Melanie, I'm glad there's been progress. It's hard to remember that it's a zig-zag path, but you will improve.

• Posted

Hi babs,

Yes! Of course I remember you and our mutual anniversary. smile It's comforting to know there are others like me who share my history with this dreadful disease. I know just what you mean that lack of sleep, over doing it, stress even eating or drinking the wrong thing can knock me out whereas before shingles I wasn't sensitive the way I am now. But, with that said, I notice progress in small ways like the fact I can now wear real clothes that aren't just 100% baggy cotton T-shirts or suddenly I notice I can take a shower without wincing in pain. Best of all, I can actually work through a day and not feel my upper back and shoulder burning with almost unbearable knife jabs. It's slow progress but it is progress. As you so aptly wrote, "it's a zig-zag path." But, it truly does seem to be a path that is going in the right direction! smile

• Posted

Hi Melanie

I had shingles inside my head and face, mouth and throat in 2014. It was terrible and i lost 4+ months of work. I also first had encephalitis which left me with more problems. The burning, tingling, electrified feeling is called post parapathetic neuralgia. I have it still in my head , and mouth especially . It's no picnic . Now I've developed alloytinia?? Spelling... Something like this my head hurts so bad like I got hit but I didn't. Just to touch it. Your doctor should know what it is. I took gabapentin did not work ..i have fibro also so my meds are mostly for this. I have found no relief but cannabis but now I will probably die of throat cancer I hate smoking . Its only short term though and mouth feels worse.

I'm not complaining there are so many worse diseases..I am practicing critical thinking because of my encephalitis...my brain was injured...cant remember how to type, play piano, my mail overwhelms me , I'm on cymbalta...neurologist says I have to relearn everything ...lol I can't remember to relearn ...lol

Have a great day ! Francetta

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.