internal tremors and fibromyalgia?

Posted , 67 users are following.

I have what seems to be internal tremors alot ,do any of you suffer with that as well? Is it a fibro thing?

10 likes, 106 replies

106 Replies

Next
  • Edited

Internal tremors? I mean I get shaky a lot, mostly in my hands and forearms but sometimes in my legs and knees as well. You mentioning internal though makes it sound more specific and I wonder if I am overlooking your question?
    • Edited

It's like your shaking inside, maybe it's an experience some people could recognise as the internal shaking you feel when your really scared. I've only recently started having this symptom and it's really unsettling, like unexpected anxiety or fear. Mine is visible too in my hands, and I lose fine motor skills. I hope you don't experience this symptom.

• Edited

I have been getting on and for years too and was just looking it up and came across this page. It is horrible! Inside is so shaky, it shows in my arms and legs on the outside but it's even my chest and butt that do it. Now I know I'm not imagining it.

• Posted

Sorry, yes, I have fibromyalgia and whoops! I didn't mean to vote for myself!

• Edited

Hello, I was diagnosed with fibro and central senzitation of nervous system 3 yrs ago that all came after just a standard routine procedure my life has completely changed. I have tried all meds possible but nothing ever helped significantly besides the horrible fibro pain that can be prickly, dull, burning, stabbing I cant sleep my legs bother me a lot but I also feel those vibrations inside my body like im shaking inside. No Dr has made much comment about it but its very scary its like I am made of wires inside and its mostly at night or if I am still that I can feel it. It always has concerned me but I have gotten no help from Drs.

• Edited

try searching for a Dr Andrew Kaufman- he changed my life. i have Fibro and coulndt do ANYTHING - with a strict diet i would say my relief is 75% better. still have shaking so am working on it still.... but he is a Dr who can help.

• Posted

Hi Diddy c I get shakyness in legs and hands,sometimes not all the time. its only happened since having fibro.
  • Posted

Hi DiddyC.

I get what i can only describe as judders like i'm going to have a seizure or something. it's really odd. It feels like it's my whole body is having muscle spazms but every muscle at the same time. sad 

• Posted

Me, too. When I'm nervous, scared, cold, tired, just shake so much that I've been asked if I have Parkinson's. Thank G-d I do not. I also have tremors in my hands which are a pain when writing on the computer. My passwords gain extra letters easily.
    • Posted

When I first had the onset of fibromyalgia I had this symptom.....but it was so bad that I would just lie in bed and writh in pain from my head to my toe because of these what I can only assume now looking back as "spasms".  It was just so painful and so scary.  Thankfully those days are gone.  I'm not sure if they stopped because I ended up taking Lyrica or not but I dread to even think of ever having to go through that again. It was scary, and I felt very isolated while experiencing this symptom.  

• Posted

your issue with your hands sounds like Essential Tremor disease (which I have). the test for it is: If you drink alcohol and the tremmor goes away then it is something called essential tremor disease.

• Posted

Yes it's like the body shakes on the inside, it makes me feel like low blood sugar or something, mine is normal. Makes me feel weak, unsteady kinda, I HATE IT! It happens everyday too. I hate that others deal with this too. It does sound like a fibro thing sadly!
    • Posted

yep, that's how i feel with it too.. and yes sadly it's just one of the many suck ass symptoms we have to put up with. sad 
    • Posted

You described exactly how I feel too!! 😞😞 It must be another Fibro thing with the nerves...I hate it too!! Sorry!!

• Posted

I experience this too and when I tried to explain it to my Dr I said it feels like when your blood sugars are low. I take 10mg or propranolol when it's really bad and that seems to help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.