internal tremors and fibromyalgia?

Posted , 67 users are following.

I have what seems to be internal tremors alot ,do any of you suffer with that as well? Is it a fibro thing?

10 likes, 106 replies

106 Replies

Prev Next
  • Edited

Yes, I get these too, there are so many varied symptoms aren't there? So many of them are hardly spoken about or mentioned.

Thisee internal tremors are weird, I get loads of muscle twitching and sudden muscle jerks. The twitching is continuous in both calves , but rest of twitching spread throughout the body.

Do you experience tremors in certain muscles more in some muscles than others?

• Edited

Rebecca, it's more like an earthquake in my center that radiates outward through the arms and legs but you can only see a slight shaking in the hands. I hope that makes sense. I get the twitches some in the legs and back of arms. My pain is mostly in my lower back hips and legs. I have a hard time keeping my legs still because the ache so bad!
  • Posted

Hi

I get them most days in my legs and ankles where I nearly fell down the stairs x

• Posted

I'm glad you didn't. It's crazy how it can just hit you unexpectedly!
    • Posted

What's more I have a three story house and I was coming from the top floor with my baby !! 😭😭😭😭😭
  • Posted

Hi yes I have the same thing had them the other week that's bad I spilt boiling hot water very the side instead of in my cup and then dropped my lunch . Dame tremors. Big hugs to u x
  • Posted

I also get sudden weakness in my legs, it's scary and It feels like I'm going to fall. I have to sit down quickly, or hold onto the furniture. Guess it's all part of this neurological disease. Some day there will be cures. And maybe even causes.
  • Edited

I suffered with internal tremors for years I was told I had CFS/ fibromyalgia I was told every test had been done to eliminate other illnesses I was told all my thyroid tests were normal I was told there was absolutely nothing wrong connected to my thyroid I was told the blood tests proved there was nothing wrong with my thyroid I was told I was stupid , imagining things it was all in my head,nothing wrong with me and I was just depressed!!!!! Apart from the tremors I had a miriad of awful symptoms all pointing to thyroid disease  but all because a blood test came back from labs within range thyroid was dismissed. It took years of suffering the most dibillitating illness before I got the correct diagnosis and treatment and now I have no pain in joints and muscles, no foggy brain , lack of concentration, pins and needles, numbness in arms legs and head, headaches, sore throat , pain in jaw, pounding heart, palpitations, carpel tunnel, dizziness, insomnia etc and of course dreadful fatigue. The symptoms are much the same for cfs/fibro as of hypothyroidism. Thyroid blood tests are renowned for being unreliable  medical students and doctors are taught to diagnose thyroid illness by what is  considered  to be the gold standard blood test for hyper and hypo thyroidism . Gone are the days when a GP or doctor would go by signs and symptoms that were pointing directly at thyroid disease and prescribe thyroid replacement hormone and make that patient well. My advice ask for antibodies tests ask for a trial of thyroid hormone do your own research into hypothyroidism and autoimmune thyroiditis. Hashimoto  is an inflamatory autoimmune disease that attacks the gland and blood tests will be normal until your thyroid is so damaged or completely destroyed . I hope this helps . ( internal tremors are a direct result on the nerves caused by damaged gland ) 
    • Posted

I get the exact same symptoms along with low bp, low basal body temp. I think my thyroid test has been done in greater detail. is there anything specific, i should look for? 
    • Posted

Hi,

This post of yours was so helpful.

I was wondering whether you had extreme fatigue as well?

Thanks

• Posted

Thank God i've found this site/blog. I myself also has internal tremors and indeed its difficult to describe what you feeling to a doctor. I've had many tests done including that of the thyroid. My doctor says i definitely have hypothyroidism and auoimmune thyroiditis, however, no clear clue as to what is causing the tremors. The plan is to treat the thyroid and get the hormones to normal levels and possibly that would also reduce or stop the tremors. If you dont mind could you share with me what specific treatment made a difference in the tremors I could discuss this with my doctor.

Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

That's crazy...I do have Hashimotos, but Thyroid lab numbers are in normal range so no treatment....last 2 1/2 years with Fibro diagnosis & symptoms keep worsening...how did you finally get dr to agree to Thyroid treatment & what did they try to start?? How soon did symptoms start resolving? 

• Edited

Hi sylvia17461. I hope this reaches you. I've been going thru hell since 2009 trying to figure out what's wrong with me. It seems like every Dr I see just comes up with something else. I was finally officially diagnosed with Fibro in 2014. I also have a slew of other diagnoses they have tagged me with. So my thyroid numbers always come back normal just like yours. One day I was going thru my medical records and I happening to see a thyroid antibodies test that was so high I couldn't believe it was never mentioned to me. Showed my rheumy she sent me to a endocrinologist who then diagnosed me with hashimotos. He put me on selenium which is just a supplement and hasn't done squat for me! He said it's something new. After 1 year my numbers haven't changed and my health keeps getting worse. I've already had back surgery and bilateral carpal tunnel. Any advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated? What thyroid hormone did u start on?

Thank you

Alicia

• Posted

I have this symptom but it only happens when I'm lying down. I shake from the center of my chest outward to my extremities. This is very similar to a low blood sugar event. I felt like my heart was beating a mile a minute. But, it wasn't as I checked it with a pulse ox meter.

I have also had nonstop mini tremors constantly in my calves. I have stronger muscle cramps and spasms allover my body that last from several seconds to a few minutes. Most recently I'm having spasms on the right side of my face. So far no meds help to many side effects and no decent doc to take me seriously or spend enough time to listen.

• Posted

Sylvia,

I know this post is old but has pushed me to get the help i need for hashimotos. My drs keep telling me thyroid is fine but antibodies indicate hashi but wont medicate me. Oh but i should see a therapist for anxiety, makes me so angry. Meanwhile feeling progressively worse daily. Hope you are feeling better. x

• Edited

Alicia,

Have you found anything to help your hashimotis? Found this post t as i have internal tremors as well and antibodies indicate onset of hashi but my GP wont medicate me. Hope you are doing better now. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.