Internal tremors & buzzing HELP!!!

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hey all...

I have been getting this really odd internal vibration buzzing feeling in my legs, stomach & chest for about a month now... ever since I came off an antidepressant (it started while I was on the antidepressant)... It only happened occasionally to begin with but now I'm dealing with it all day & everyday.

Every time I mention it to a Dr they brush me off or on one occasion I was blatantly ignored...

I honestly don't know what to do? Anyone had this? Is it anxiety related or do I need to take this further?

I forgot to mention I also feel very rundown but I also have a 4 months old Daughter who isn't sleeping well..

HELP!!!

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Make an appointment with a neurologist. I've had MS and didn't know it for over 25 years. Buzzing in my legs, patches of goosebumps come and go on legs at first, then all over. Numbness and tingling everwhere. My vision has changed drastically over the years and my left eye is drifting off to the left. Blurry , double vision, now just within the last year it feels like a bunch of tiny needles are in my eye. My balance is awful and my memory is awful. I forget so many things, important things. I have headaches now and never had headaches in my life. Chronic back pain. Im a nurse, so when it first started i thought it was just stress. I would ask a doctor at work "what does it mean when your leg vibrates and you can feel buzzing from your foot up" they'd say it didn't sound good. When i got dizzy, i checked my blood sugar, always fine. I also forget words and names, everything. I have no feeling in my heels, i can stick a needle in them and cant feel it. This has changed everything. I used to power walk, lift weights and was in great shape. I don't even want to leave my house anymore. There's even more that im not saying but because i just kept working through each episode and didn't get diagnosed until i was 55, now im 56, there's no medication for me to take. The symptoms started when i was in my late 20s early 30s. I have 2 grown kids. My son was diagnosed with ALS in 2015, he was 27 years old. My daughter passed away on August 2nd suddenly last year a day after her birthday, leaving me to raise her 6 year old autistic son. I do think stress makes it worse. Thank God we know life isn't fair, anything can happen to anyone. Get checked, find out and get close to Jesus Christ if you aren't already. I've been so sad because of things, but i know everything is going to be ok. God is my help and my everything.

• Posted

Wow, I’m so glad I found this thread! Thank you so much for tour post. I have been having similar symptoms as well. I want to get an MRI, because like many in here I self diagnosed myself with MS. Ugh. I have anxiety, but I’ve never had body vibrations as a physical reaction before. This week has been particularly stressful, so maybe that’s why.

I woke up with horrible back and neck pain two weeks ago, but it came out of nowhere. I am 27 and active, but had actually taken a week off to give my body a break. I thought it was just a pinched nerve, but then my whole body started getting achey. I was terrified, and still kind of am. On top of all this medical stress my boyfriend just broke up with me two days ago. I’m hoping all of these weird symptoms are just anxiety related, and this thread gives me hope! I’m still going to push for the MRI, but if it comes back negative I’m going to just MOVE ON. (And maybe get an anxiety pill medication.) I hope you are feeling better now, and have some peace of mind!

• Posted

Hi Louise, 

I've just found your post and your other post about mirtazapine and I am suffering from almost exactly the same thing. I have so many symptoms and have had so many tests and everyone tells me it's anxiety, but I haven't seen a neurologist and my doctor has stopped referring me because she's sure it's just anxiety. 

Anyway my symptoms are: Extreme agitation, blurred/fuzzy vision and sensitivity to bright lights, cold hands, internal buzzing feeling, thumping heart, brain fog/spaced out, air hunger, feeling like I'm right on the edge of some kind of disaster like a seizure or major panic attack all the time, head rush when I move position too quickly, dizziness, light headedness. 

My symptoms are there 24/7 and have been there since June last year, they definitely get worse when I am thinking anxiously so anxiety is definitely a part of it

After reading a lot of stuff online one of my theories is that I have chronic hyperventilation, have you looked into that? And how are you doing now?

• Posted

Hi Matt,

Firstly sorry for my delay in replying I’m in Australia & was already in bed! 

I am so sorry you are dealing with this, if I may What are you experiencing ?

Have you tried seeing another Dr for reassurance & support? I had to because my original Dr was the same and would ignore me when I would voice my concerns. 

Wow your symptoms are spot on to mine, I have admit I know some of these are anxiety related because when I’m not anxious they go away, my symptoms get worse in public & at night. I have my good and bad days.

Do you exercise? I find light exercise works well sometimes. 

It’s horrible isn’t it? I’m also coming up a year with What feels like no answers. 

Have you tried any ADs? 

I hope maybe that might help? Or therapy? CBT therapy is meant to work wonders. 

Obviously not the answer for everything. 

Have you had your thyroid, vitamins & minerals checked? And I mean all of them all B vitamins, Vitamin D, Magnesium and iron? 

I haven’t looked into it, can you hyperventilate without realising? 

I am ok, I have stopped the ADs and I’m feeling a bit average. Not sleeping, internal vibrating is worse & just on edge I felt like I nearly had a panic attack in the shops yesterday so that was fun, my vision went and I felt wobbly and panicked felt like I’d cry... All signs of a panic attack. 

My biggest fear is I’ll never beat this or that the Drs have missed something because it’s easy to label a recent Mother with PND & PNA but I’ve also realised it’s most likely what it is. Anxiety causes havoc to an extent I never fully understood until now. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.