Invisible Illness Week Day 2 Picture Post

Posted , 5 users are following.

My pictures this week aren't particularly funny but it's a way I express my frustration.

2 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

HI Rose,

Thaks for the pic -  she's a cutie

Sorry you're feeling so down...hope today is a little better??  Do yo have any support groups in your area?   Know they are hard to set up and run 'cos  a lot of peolke are house bound if not bed bound....

Struggling to distinguish what is chronic and what is acute with me a the mo. as recovering from a bout of sinusitis that seems to have woken up all sorts of other symptoms again.   Work part time and dont want to go back too soon and then have to take more time off!   I so value my job...

Good wishes to you and have seen/heard that NZ is a beautiful country.

• Posted

Hi jcnps,

Glad you like the pic.

I'm housebound so it's difficult getting to a support group but Im going to have to try somehow because I'm really need them now.

It's funny, but I was completely bedbound for three years and I wasn't depressed.  Then a made an incredible improvement and thought I was well on the way to recovery.

I had several relapses and although I'm not completely bedbound, I'm not as bad as I was before, but it's  having a huge effect on my state of mind.

I know what you mean about chronic or acute.  The body is a minefield and so intricate.

Thank you for your well wishers and comments.

• Posted

Hi Rose,

Can appreciate what you said about the effect on your state of mind...its the continous drip of the effects of the symptoms...sometimes it lays me very low. I feel like I just run out of energy to keep my spirits up; it seems to happen without me noticing until suddenly I hit the deck...everything in life seems flat and pointless and I'm just going through the motions

I then have to make myself stop....take stock and slowly start building up again.  I think I lose myself so easily and stop really taking  care of myself

I nearly forgot what I wanted to say to you which is htat there is a magazine on loine called Fibromyalia that has some very good aritcles in it - covers cfs/me as well - would recomend and you dont have to go far to get it!!

• Posted

Hi jcnps,

Thanks for the info on the magazine.  Will look that up.

I know what it's like to stop caring for yourself beccause that requires energy.

• Posted

Morning Rose; still sounds appropriate...........Yes, what do we do all day?  just try and get through another one.........even though they become boring.....that's why we use our laptops to try and pass them/learn new things from others............Bron

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.