Is 8 weeks the average for noticeable signs of recovery?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Most internet sites tend to suggest therapeutic benefits from AD's is felt between 4-6 weeks with a 2 week "getting into the system" phase, however I've noticed in many posts most people tend to be finding a "slight" improvement after 8 weeks. 

Now I know everyone is different and each episode if you experience relapse is different (I was feeling much better last time after 8 weeks, although I continued working which made a big difference), but has anyone felt improvement between 4-6 weeks or is this a bit optimistic and in reality is the average a "noticeable" difference albeit it slight in your own mind between 8-10 weeks perhaps?

I'm in weeks 8 and have noticed a slight improvement in my anxiety, more optimistic thoughts and a feeling that I might just get better, although today not so much as yesterday. I've been on a general downward trend for 8 weeks but perhaps I'm bottoming out which I'm of course happy to do! 

Whats your experience so far with weeks of side effects, getting worse then when you, or even if you, have any noticeable signs of recovery? We all might be able to take some hope from it or persevere.

Nice one. Neil x

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I never heard of people taking 3 different drugs, sounds scary! 
    • Posted

Its cause my ativan is a very low dose. I'm trying to get used to lexapro and the buspirone. And the ativan relaxes me so I can get thru the side effects.
    • Posted

Not heard of half of these drugs... I was given Temazepam to help with sleep aswell as being on 100mg of Sertraline last year. 
    • Posted

Hi jmcg and dinky-de.

venlefaxine is for my endogenous depression, buspirone if for my anxiety which I take when I relapse helped by propranalol whilst it kicks in.

its not scary at all as I'm sure many others on here will agree.

• Posted

I just started lexapro but hoping doctor gives me something for heart palpitations until it kicks in.. They scare me and it wakes me up at night.. Does the propranalol help with this aspinan? 
    • Posted

Is the buspirone helping you? How many mg do you take?
  • Posted

I've noticed a difference in 3 days of taking my lexapro 10mg. 
    • Posted

good news, so this is escitalopram, one up from Citalopram... I found Citaloram quite helpful a few years ago, I think it took the edge off my anxiety for a while.
    • Posted

Do you take any meds? Yes that's the generic name for lexapro. I hope it keeps working. Doc may increase it to 20mg in a few weeks. I just freak out over the side effects. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.