Is and herpes

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have had herpes for 34 years and got diagnosed with LS 5 years ago- both are flared now due to stress, heat and too much chocolate- any one else have this dual issue?

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hello, I have had LS for about 5 yrs now. Had a bad accident in Ooctober & it has flared to craziness. To much stress. Will not get better, staying the same. I have started eating better, laying off the chocolate & gluten free. Lots of water. I drive a school bus with no AC, so needless to say, sweat butt city. No help there! Doc says to soak area for a while, help to soften tissue so steroid absorbs better. We shall see...

• Posted

what is the chocolate connection?  stress and heat are hard to control.  right now we are in the process of building our 2nd house (built the first one back in 2000 on the same property as our original house - this house is being built 160 miles away so monitoring things is a challenge).  
    • Posted

My Doctor told me that it is the sugar. It is not good for you & is an irritant.

• Posted

I don't know about that, you are going to have to do some research on sugar free.

• Posted

Hi, I have herpes, when I thought I was having an attack a year ago, went to VD clinic & the doctor said it was lichen planus not herpes

• Posted

Interesting, I was under trauma from a hemorroid opp last year and came out in a rash, I thought it was herpes (never had before) but it was also lichen planus which was brought in by trauma and stress.
  • Posted

hi,i think there is a link between chocolate and LS,i`ve had LS for about 4 years and always have chocolate most days,last year i was diagnosed with Diabetes type 2,so have cut out chocolate and sugary food,and my LS has been under control for a few months not even using clob!
  • Posted

Of what I know - sugar and caffeine weakens my system,  and thus the chance to stir up my LS.
  • Posted

Yes, I've noticed flares of both LS and herpes when eating too much chocolate.  As far as stress is concerned, my flares usually come a couple of weeks AFTER the stressful time is over!  Odd.  I also get flares of LS and herpes when I get a common cold. It's the worst part of getting a cold.

• Posted

Hi I had herpes diagnosed back in the late 70s early 80s so similar to you Liz. I now have recently been diagnosed with LS. Having struggled with unwarranted stigma attached to the herpes diagnosis I now find this latest addition to painful embarrassing conditions embarrassing illnesses a bit much. I have a possible connection with my LS I had cancer last year and reading up tumours can provoke sclerodoma which has similarities to LS. Im a young 65. Any support or suggestion greatly received. Going for a swim in the sea in the hope this might help.
    • Posted

Hi, I have had herpes for 25 years, i am not  embarrassed saying i have it, i was told by a gyne consultant recently that they now class cold sores on your lips exactly the same virus as you get in your private area, Herpes is very common. Last year i thought i was having another attack of herpes, kept going to gp in the end went to  ICASH ( vd clinic ) and was told it was not herpes and to go to doctors and tell them that i needed to be referred to the vulva clinic as he said it was VIN, Have been to vulva clinic had a biopsy where they confirmed i had VIN 3, i have since had an operation to remove the vin ( which are pre cancerous cells ) Vin is also very common and treatable. I am 60. I am so glad i went to ICASH as the doctors didnt pick it up. Hope you are feeling better soon.
    • Posted

Thank you for this. Makes me feel better and you are right about herpes it should not be something to be embarrassed about and there are more important things. Hope all your treatments go well and thanks for getting back to me so soon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.