Is anyone at this stage losing weight??

Posted , 41 users are following.

Is there anyone who's perimenopausal losing weight as i appear to be doing, i know am not a good eater as i feel nauseas and have no appetite but i do eat sufficient and i thought we put weight on during this time. if anyone is experiencing this i would feel so much better knowing thanks x

6 likes, 125 replies

125 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

forgot to say, Dohhhhh... when i was pregnant years ago, we were given iron tabs and folic acid, and i always said, ' I had more energy when I was pregnant than I have ever had in my whole life' so maybe this iron is what I certainly need personally for me... worth a try for sure.... Jay x
  • Posted

Thanks i am in australia so i will check them out thanks heaps for info. I took iron when preggo many moons ago. Will def research and maybe just start low. Again thanks and take care.
  • Posted

hello jo,

thank s for your reply i agree its made things easier for me reading about people who are going through thesame horrid symptoms, its answers a lot for me and i get a lot of help from these lovely ladies. I too have started taking iron tablets like jay but i take mine every other day. I have not had the increased energy yet like jay but mine are just off the shelf from Tesco and i think jays are special. i must say thinks have been better for me these last 2 weeks but this weekend i had PMT and today feel tingly and have shaky legs so i do think its connected to when i should be having a period but iv not had one since Nov 2013. Since changing to decaf tea and cutting down on cheese iv not had as many or severe headaches which has contributed towards me feeling better.

jay im thrilled to hear your still full of energy, hope it keeps up for. You'll be telling us you going to run a marathon next.

jo hope you keep in touch, we all support each other here and its nice to chat to someone that understands. like you i know no one who is going or gone through this. hugs x

• Posted

Well got my iron tested and am low so have started iron tablets now but also diagnosed with menieres disease which i am convinced is hormone related but told no by ent. Also have parasite in large numbers dont know where I got that from!!! Anyway another lot of antibiotics but hopefully I will get on top of all this soon! This time in life is so interesting
  • Posted

Hi Joe..

low iron, well when you get cracking on iron tabs i bet you will feel tonnes better, I am still on top 4.5 weeks after starting iron, take on empty tum first thing when you get up, and pref with some form of vit C as helps absorption, expect a dark stool its normal with iron..

re: parasites, maybe you have picked this up with food, most likely salad, lettuce etc, I had this when I spent 3 years in Saudi but mine was a serious parasitic illness ( ameobic dysentry) and I was screaming out in pain and have drips and god knows what, had to take 2 types of meds, to kill the parasite, and then the hatched eggs eggs they laid, it was 9 months of hell, but you know when you have that as its crippling bed job... my son had a lesser evil parasite here in spain and all was sorted within 10 days with antibiotics.. in our case it was down to how well washed vegs and salad are either by yourself or restaurants, as when growing they use dirty well and other cheap water to water irrigate the crops.. lettuce is the worse as these parasites get lodged in areas and we eat them 😒 its made me paranoid now...

hope your all sorted soon, and the iron helps alot.. what MG are your iron tabs ? I split mine they are 105mg and i halve to 52.5 mg daily... take care Jay x

• Posted

I found taking iron stops choccie cravings
  • Posted

Iron tabs she told me to get are ferro gradumet 325mg. And yes they have stopped chocky craving. Having bad mornings this week shaky anxious dizzy internal shaking nausea. last week could have takenvon world this week no way
  • Posted

Sorry you're not so good this week

I said to someone else on the healthy tips peri chat re shaking and they said it was blood sugar levels and recommended a book which I've ordered - have a look & see what you think. I've just (it's my 2nd day!!!) cut right down on sugar, salt & caffeine - am having headaches - and substituting things where I can (peppermint tea, milk & water's replaced coffee, am not having sugar there; am going to try fruit puree in cakes instead of sugar. Am also exercising (helps with anxiety & adrenaline rushes etc), have gone back to gym, and eating 3 regular healthy meals a day with the odd fruit as snack. I'm a few stones overweight and need to do more to help myself be healthier. Just have a look at your daily life & see if there's anything you can tweak to improve your health, and sorry if I'm preaching to the converted! And it may be that you've got a virus. Roll with the punches and take care of yourself.

• Posted

I'm a type 2 diabetic, eating high fat low carb.  Fruit contains sugar - I know they say "Oh but it's good sugar" - I'm afraid if you react to sugar, you'll react to fruit sugar as well.  Also, milk contains sugar, particularly low fat milk, cakes contain carbs from the flour (which our body turns into sugar) and so on.  Cutting down on processed sugar is an excellent idea but you may need to cut out more to bring down your sugar levels.

My problem is that my body now reacts to fat so basically I can't eat anything.  Guess I'll lose weight that way!

• Posted

I'm 49 and have struggled with my weight most of my days. I joined weightwatchers again a year ago and have only managed to lose about 2 stone. Such a constant struggle and I couldn't understand why I wasn't losing weight at my original rate of 1.5-2lb a week constantly, until I discovered a few weeks ago that at this age and with the rest of my perimenopausal symptoms, I'm unlikely to lose. How disheartening. I've cut everything to a bare minimum, and am exercising regularly but still have about 8 stone to lose. Heaven knows how little I'll be able to eat if and when I get down closer to my target! If you're happy losing weight, then long may it continue for you.
  • Edited

I to struggled with my weight for years I know what its like but then got really worried when lost 20kg in such short time I am a little grateful for the parasite but not for the pain it has caused. I sympathise with any weight issues cos am judged when too big but now judged cos too thin just cant win either way. One doc said anorexic but I eat large amounts and always hungry was just going straight through me but now I know its parasite so prob put it all back on when it is killed off because of hormones
  • Edited

Hi There I know this was an old post but just seeking reassurance i am so scared at this stage

i am 49 last period i had on feb 17 on march didnt have my period for the first time and started to lose wt and appetite

i had my hormone done in feb for irregular bleeding my estrigen was593 when i started to lose wt abd my appetie my estrigen is135

is the sudden drop of estrigen causing this

I have extreme apprehension and anxiety mostly abou my weight as i never heard of any woman who lost weight in menopauce i dont seem to have hot flushes or other major problem

Looking forward to hear from you

thank you

• Posted

I lost body fat too during peri menopause. I am always very strict with my diet and train most days which never changed but i would go from no appetite at all to ridiculous sugar craving which is very unusual for me and even though I ate way too much chocolate, almost every night I still dropped weight. For the first in my life I'm finding it easy to keep my body fat low. My blood work done about a month ago showed I'm menopausal now and my weight loss seems to have settled down. Also my cravings have stopped and my appetite seems normal again. All My blood results were excellent (I had everything checked) except my thyroid was a tiny little bit high so maybe that's what was going on. Iv also been on bio identical hormone replacement for 10 weeks now so maybe it was hormones. Or maybe I'll never know why.

• Posted

Dear Azzumi

Thank you for sharing your experience ,and glad to know that you are doing well.

all the best

• Posted

this has been so helpful to me. thank you.
    • Posted

Is anybody on here having a hard time taking naps come home from work. I can't even takes naps I wake up all times of night. I really don't what to do. I cramps and don't see nothing I have chest pain now I am having acid flux from Certain foods. I have taking blood test everything came back find. I need help.

• Posted

hi, hun

I know this is and old post you stated you lost the body fat. how did you grain it back I believe I am losing it to its really scared me. tell me what did you do I burping alot and my appetite is not that good my left side is sore and I am gasses on that side. have you had experience any of them symptoms.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.