Is anyone at this stage losing weight??

Posted , 41 users are following.

Is there anyone who's perimenopausal losing weight as i appear to be doing, i know am not a good eater as i feel nauseas and have no appetite but i do eat sufficient and i thought we put weight on during this time. if anyone is experiencing this i would feel so much better knowing thanks x

6 likes, 125 replies

125 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

i have been having uti's alot and went to the doctor to see about it and he told me i had been through menopause. i am only 47 and have haf to fight weight gain in the past but over the past year i have lost a massive amount of weight. none of my clothes fit and i was around a six. i did change my diet a lot and learned to cook and do yoga daily. i thought that was it. but i kept losing. i am high energy too. i have had thenausea though but i really don't feel like i went through anything. i thought maybe menopause may have caused this. i came hear to find out. help!

• Posted

I been going perimenpause since I was in my late Thirties . I just start losing weight last year in oct.

everything hit me out nowhere i have skip heart beats bad appetite. Joint aches dizziness I feel nauseated sometimes . If anybody else is going to this please help me I don't know what to do. I can't eat certain foods at time I don't know what to eat .

• Posted

So....you tell me perimenpause make you lost weight. Because I am in perimenpause. Please tell what all it do because I skipping heartbeats to. When to the doctor they me they don't see nothing. Please tell me something

• Posted

I feel like that just now....joint aches..,..nausea.....stomach ache/cramps....my mind working overtime it's something more serious

• Edited

I too have lost about 35 pounds in perimenopause in the last year. I am otherwise a healthy person. Most women experience weight gain. Is there help for women who need to gain some weight?
    • Edited

I too keep losing weight I start in my early 30s going through permanopause. Now i am 48 year old the second stage which is perimenpause and it is hell . I haven't seen a period since May of this year, sometime I'll see my period one time out of a year. I have skipping heartbeat, I wake up all through the night,,Joint pain , dizziness, ringing in the ears, right foot hurt. I need help sometime I think I am going crazy.

• Posted

Yes I have loss alot of weight. I am going to the doctor because my friends find it is very unusual. I have never been this small in my life. I was diagnosed about 12 years ago with fibroid and experience plenty back and leg pains. I am constantly sweating and feeling very hot sometimes I am so wet my husband gets worried. What can I use. I can't take iron tablets because I am hypertensive.

• Posted

since i last wrote i have lost 5 more lbs. i cannot wear my clothing. they hang off me. i am stiffing myself with cookies and peanut butter. this is nuts.
  • Edited

I realise that this is an old post but I was curious to those of you that lost all the weight if you were able to gain it back? The same thing is happening to me and I am terrified. It doesn't matter what I eat the weight just doesn't come back on. I'm also having all the signs of perimenapause. I'm 37 years old.

• Edited

Yes Im 47 and peri menopausal and I keep dropping weight. I do a lot of weight training so I'm quite muscular and I'v always had to be very strict with my diet but now I have to push myself to eat more or I get too skinny. Iv never been like that. This has been happening since I started peri about 18 months ago but since i'v been on oral progesterone about 2 months now my weight seems to be dropping even more.

• Posted

Hi.......i am in perimenpause and I am losting weight to.i haven't seen a period since May of this year. So you tell me perimenpause does this to you. I don't know what to do I get all these symptoms.

• Edited

Hi! I just googled "losing weight in perimenopause" and found this thread. I am 45 and the past couple months have hit me hard. I haven't had a period since July, I've had vertigo, muscle aches, hot flashes and anxiety. I've lost 5 lbs without trying, although I think part of it may be that my stomach has been upset from anxiety so I'm not overeating, but I'm eating more calories than I would if I was dieting. I crave cheesy crackers, bread, and chocolate. Normally if I ate that kind of food on a regular basis I would gain weight. I'm on the thin side to begin with and this is the weight I aimed for when I have dieted in the past. It's just weird. 

• Edited

Have you lost anymore weight because I've lost now no matter what I eat I lost weight.

• Posted

HI! Sorry I haven't been on here in awhile. I ended up going on Zoloft for my anxiety and it helped me get my appetite back to normal. I have gained back a few pounds in the past month. 

• Posted

I ask because I am losting weight, so you me perimenpause does hell to you.
    • Edited

Hi Kim, yes Ive lost 12kg in the past 8 months. Although I eat but cant seem to gain it back, at least some. Uve tried protein shakes, but still nothing gained. I have digestion issues also which could be contributing to my weigh loss also. I dont want to lose more , i am already embarrass to even go anywhere.

• Posted

Mary Im too starting to be emabarrased to go anywhere, I get the same questions about my weight. So glad I found this discussion, Im seriously starting to woory I might have cancer,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.