is anyone else experiancing outbreaks every 2 weeks?:(

Posted , 90 users are following.

Im new to this site! Im 25 years old I caught genital herpes 3 years ago and only ever had my first outbreak..then for the past 3 months ive had the constantly every 2 weeks.doctor gave my supressive therapy but still ive experianced an outbreak now..does anyone else feel so down when they have outbreaks?sad

6 likes, 110 replies

110 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

It seems it outbreak every two week on me. I feel so down. I can't have any relationship. What can u do to kill herpes virus?
    • Posted

You CAN have relationships! I was diagnosed just a few months ago and I was both mortified and completely destroyed... I contracted it from my boyfriend. He had been around the block a few times (if you know what I mean) before we got together. His outbreaks weren't typical outbreaks so he had no idea he had the virus until I started showing symptoms and I asked him to get tested. His symptoms seemed more like razor burn or chaffing. He had no idea. He was pretty torn apart that he was responsible for giving it to me. But I don't blame him. We had been together several months before we founder out and if he had known he would have told me. I even tried helping to treat his "chafing". Even I didn't know that's what it actually was. Truth be told, it does not ruin your life! I am blessed enough to still be with the same guy that gave it to me and we have a happy healthy sex life. From the research I've done, the frequency of outbreaks varies greatly from person to person. But they will be mousy frequent within the first year. You cannot cure herpes. You will have it forever. I know that's a lot to take in and can be very emotionally stressful, but you will learn how your body reacts to the virus, your triggers, the signs of the beginning of an outbreak, what to do/not do during an outbreak, etc. It's not the end of the world. It sucks! Trust me, I know! But you can get through it! Sex can be a trigger. It has been a trigger for me as my boyfriend is rather large so there is a lot of friction. That irritates the skin and can cause a breakout. Always talk to your partner about it. Be open about it. You're stuck with it, so they need to know. As far as first times with new partners.... I'm not the one to ask on that subject. I have yet to deal with that. But keep your chin up. You'll get through this!
    • Posted

I am with the herpes giver and i have bad break outs down there and he has them on his face and chin hands
    • Posted

Hi mate, are you still coping ok.

Give us a update. Please. Im a newby

Herpes member thanks

• Posted

me too I'm a newbie seem to be getting mild charging type symptoms as someone destined on here too unfortunately quite often, have cut back partying, sorted diet and on antiviral x 3 daily but still mild symtoms (no obvious blisters) and a burning sensation.

Thanks.

• Posted

Sorry chaffing symptoms as someone described on here her b.f has.
    • Posted

Hey Ashley, I was diagnosed with the virus recently. I have been taking Valtrex for 10 days now and 2 days ago I finally felt normal down there but today I felt very sore and itchy. I'm afraid I am going to have another outbreak. A close friend of mine has it as well. She told me the more I accept it and move forward, the less OB you have. The more you dwell (which causes stress) the more you have OB. Which I think is so true because when I first started having anxiety attacks, they were terrible and I'd have them everyday but once I stopped stressing over them and accepted it, they were less and less and now I have NONE. It's still very hard for me to accept that I have this virus but I want to get better, so I'm trying really hard to be positive in hopes my OB will subside. Hope this helps!

• Posted

I feel so down and depressed everyday. I got gential herpes 2 years ago it was terrible, break outs on my butt were unbelievable and my bf would still want to have sex with me (witch made it worse) . I finally stopped having outbreaks a year ago. Met a new boy and he is my boyfriend for a year now never had a problem with him INTILL he went down on me with a cold sore on his mouth!! And guess what came back? The herpes, all over my vaginal area lumps and sores that hurt so bad. They will not go away it's been a month and I've been taking medicine and more sores are forming now. Hate my life. Just when I thought I was fine, I was careless and now it's back.
    • Posted

To keep it from spreading I use a bandaid and change it every day. Don't bother it after the bandaid is on. After taking a Bath or shower refresh your Band-Aids. It helps a whole lot with spreading. And make sure to always wash your hands after touching on or near sores. Good luck
  • Posted

I feel so down and depressed everyday. I got gential herpes 2 years ago it was terrible, break outs on my butt were unbelievable and my bf would still want to have sex with me (witch made it worse) . I finally stopped having outbreaks a year ago. Met a new boy and he is my boyfriend for a year now never had a problem with him INTILL he went down on me with a cold sore on his mouth!! And guess what came back? The herpes, all over my vaginal area lumps and sores that hurt so bad. They will not go away it's been a month and I've been taking medicine and more sores are forming now. Hate my life. Just when I thought I was fine, I was careless and now it's back.
    • Posted

I'm with everyone on this... I was only diagnosed this year after 7 years of non-classic symptoms. I started suppressive therapy and now I feel like the herpes is way more aggressive. I am getting outbreaks like crazy everywhere- even on my legs, ankles. Has anyone had this before or found any success?
    • Posted

Are you sure it's herpes? Sometimes herpes is mixed with Duhring disease.
    • Posted

jackie, i'm just curious what your non-classic symptoms were.? I was with someone new recently, he was tested and came back negative but dr told me it was too soon to do a blood test for me.  I have had weird symptoms and am convinced I have it. 
    • Posted

I'm dealing with the same thing it seems like the medicine is making it worse what's up with that?

• Posted

I'm 18 and I was diagnosed November 2014 I've only slept with one person and I've been with him over a year. Before me he'd been with quite a few women.

He went down on me one night and the next day I was sore and itchy but still continued to have sex but then I noticed some spots and burning while peeing I was in tears because it hurt that much! My boyfriend when we first got together he had spots on the bottom of his penis but the doctor said it was just Bactria but then he started getting other oddities I call them friction burns but they weren't painful for him and his peeing was fine. The docs told me I had boils! But then I went to the clinic and they said it was herpes simplex 1 and my cold sores came from the mouth. At first my boyfriend wasn't bothered but after 2 month I had a breakout and he started suspecting I'd been elsewhere and got them from someone else sad I'm too self conscious to even go anywhere else as I never show my body to anyone unless I need too. I'm not that sort of person at all to cheat. Ever since January I've had a break out every month no pain just itching and I'm heartbroken I cry all the time at first I was ok cos the nurse said breakouts never usually reoccur with herpes simplex 1 but now they're and I can't cope! I'm so scared that if my boyfriend doesn't already have them on his penis that I will give them to him because the breakouts are so mild sometimes I have to physically check myself I couldn't live with myself if he got them on his penis. I don't know what to do sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.