Is anyone there?

Posted , 17 users are following.

I think that I messed up my original post as I can't see it on here.

After going to the doctors today and admitting honestly how much I drink all I got was 12 step program, Russell Brands book 'Recovery' and a prescription for Thiamine. I had already researched the 2 best types of medicines to stop drinking and tried to explain that this was an ongoing issue, not a result of loosing my baby boy after 12 hours in March. I feel like he didn't 'hear' me. This is a new doctor having moved in December.

My partner and I have finished a box of wine already and now he is in bed I went to the shop and bought another 2 bottle: I hate myself and know I will regret it in the morning but I just don't care!

S x

1 like, 53 replies

53 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Problem, drinking. Solution The Sinclair Method aka TSM. If you go to the C3 Foundation you can find a list of doctors in America or Europe that support and use the Sinclair Method. My doctor was not responsive to my desire to use Naltrexone and the Sinclair Method. I went to the C3 foundation site and found a doctor 3 hrs away two states over as the closest that use the Sinclair Method. Results are early but good. Averaging 8 drinks daily before; two months later averaging 4 drinks daily. If you are not familiar with the Sinclair Method please look it up. There are several good youtube videos on it which is how I originally learned of the method. Good luck this will work for you if you follow the method. 80% success rate. smile 
    • Posted

Hi Barry, there is only one person in my country - approx £200 per week which is simply unafordable sad

S x

• Posted

There are 3 that I am aware of Hummingbird.

One in London that is £5000 to do TSM (long story, but ridiculously expensive unless you are rich).

One in the West Midlands which gives 3 months worth of medication and 3 months of full support for just over £1000.

One in Scotland, at which you get 6 worth of medication and full support for £1000.

I don't know of anyone who charges £200 a week, but if you PM me the details, I'll have a look into it.

• Posted

There are 3 that I am aware of Hummingbird.

One in London that is £5000 to do TSM (long story, but ridiculously expensive unless you are rich).

One in the West Midlands which gives 3 months worth of medication and 3 months of full support for just over £1000.

One in Scotland, at which you get 6 worth of medication and full support for £1000.

I don't know of anyone who charges £200 a week, but if you PM me the details, I'll have a look into it.

• Posted

(Sorry for the double-post, it gave me an error message so I didn't think the first post had been submitted.)

• Posted

Hi Joanna, you obviously have better skills then I do! I found Paul Thomas as the only practitioner in my country...

S x 

• Posted

I presume you mean Paul Turner and he is the second option in my post above.

As a private provider, Paul provides 3 months worth of medication and full support for the money, so unless he has decided to increase his prices in the past few weeks, and I am not aware that he has but please do tell me if you have heard different, I think you might've misunderstood his pricing. 

I run a charity organisation called C3 Foundation Europe here in the UK that provides free information both across Europe and Worldwide, free resources and, if needed, free counselling support for those either interested in talking to their doctor about this treatment, or if you they have already been prescribed the medication.  That is why I know so much about it.  I know Paul very well indeed and he has successfully treated many, many patients using this treatment, now.

• Posted

Hi Joanna, I am pleased and impressed to hear that you have a good relationship with Paul please see below an extortionate price for home detox:

'The price of an alcohol home detox is £950 for most areas of the UK mainland. For areas further afield like the North of Scotland or islands surrounding the UK, contact us for a price'

All I would like is a prescription for something that clearly works and I am more than happy to try!

S x

• Posted

Okay, a few things:

Paul will not make you go through a medical detox unless you clinically need one!  With TSM it is quite rare for people to need a medical detox first as the treatment allows for a slow reduction in alcohol consumption.

That price is NOT extortionate for a home detox.  Many organisations will charge in excess of £4000-£5000 for a home detox.  And it costs the NHS around £2000 to detox someone, when all is taken into account.  If you don't believe me, contact a few organisations who offer home detoxes and ask them for a quote.  I've been doing what I do for nearly 5 years now so I know what average private prices are.

If you are clinically assessed to not need a detox, then you are back to the original £1000 for 3 months worth of TSM and support.

Have you actually rang and spoken to Paul on the freephone number that is on his website to confirm his fees?  I just don't understand where you are getting this £200 a week from, that is all.  Unless he has told you, or quoted you, £200 a week because he has increased his fees, then you are simply mistaken.  I am trying to help you, here.

• Posted

What you also need to understand is that sadly, in the UK, you cannot just get a prescription for either of the two medications (naltrexone or nalmefene).  I wish people could, but they can't.

The NICE guidelines for the prescribing of these medications state that they can only be prescribed 'as part of a comprehensive treatment package' that includes counselling support.  Both the NHS and any Private providers have to meet those guidelines, simple as that.  Prescribing medications for alcohol dependency is not the same as prescribing anti-biotics or SSRIs, and doctors have to provide both parts - the medication AND the aftercare support.  If they don't and just issue the prescription, then they leave themselves wide open to being sued, investigated, and maybe struck off, if something goes wrong.

• Posted

It is complicated Robin and I found it pretty much impossible because of all the red tape involved with GP's prescribing and Addaction not really interested . I am thinking of seeing my GP again a some point and trying to discuss it further, nothing ventured nothing gained so they say 🤔

• Posted

If their is a will their is a way. Continue your search you will find something that works for you. Do not give up you will find it like I did after digging. You will be ok with hope. Best wishes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.