Is “Calm “ Safe to take?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Will a product called “Calm”relieve constipation & how long can one take it?

For diverticulitis - 

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I personally have never heard of it. I take fybergel every morning it helps soften stool so makes it easer to go 
    • Posted

Thank you Susan.  Every bit of knowledge is helpful in our healing.  
  • Posted

Never heard of it. I take benefiber three times a day.

• Posted

How long have you been taking benefiber? I’m looking for natural alternatives.  

I’ve taken the equate brand fiber therapy for years and quit taking it couple months ago. I was thinking since I was taking a probiotic that I wouldn’t need the fiber therapy.  I felt that the fiber therapy was not benefiting me as I was becoming more & more uncomfortable.  

• Posted

Yes Calm is ok to  take.    It should help constipation. You can take 

it for as long as you  need  it,   though  I  wouldn't  think  every day.

I used to  take Fybogel  for  years,   it makes  my  stools  harder    so  I  don't 

take it   anymore.       Calm is made from  magnesium  ,    you can buy just magnesium

which  would work out cheaper  than  buying  calm . 

• Posted

I take fybogel but find that it can cause me lots of painful wind at times so I will follow this thread for any tips on alternative stool softeners.
    • Posted

I can relate to that Christine.  I want to find alternatives that do not cause painful wind & gas bubbles.  

• Posted

I just went to my local health store to buy the *Calm*. They said even though the Calm was excellent, the magnesium citrate was better. The brand is Now and you mix a teaspoon with cold water. I couldn't tolerate the taste in water so I now mix it in my lactose free chocolate milk. I have only done 2 doses so can't determine if it's helping with constipation. I found the product on Amazon and it did get rave reviews for the most part. I think this is a natural product and not considered a laxative as I didn't want to go that route. Hope this helps someone.

• Posted

Im going to try just half a sachet a day of Fybrogel I have also realised that it is to be taken after meals and I have been taking it at bedtime which isn't recommended. I think one sachet a day is too much for me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.