IS EMMA A BOUT I LIKE TO TALK TO HER

Posted , 11 users are following.

IVE MSG YOU BOUT MY DRINK PROBLEM,CAN OTHERS PLEASE TELL ME SOME OF THERE WORST STORYS BOUT DRINK AS AM KILLING MY SELF AND WANT TO STOP,AS I GOT A LOT TO LIVE FOR THANKYOU FRIENDS ANDY 💎💎💎

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Andy, if you want to stop then you need to be looking at ways to do that.  There is lots of help out there, but in my opinion reading horror stories of other people's drinking will not help you achieve this.

Ask yourself, is the real reason for wanting these stories is so that you can say 'I am not as bad as that yet' and continue drinking?

My story was a horror to me, because it was MY experience.  It would mean nothing to you because it isn't your experience.

PLEASE take steps to help yourself get on the right track to getting well again.

• Posted

YES I THINK YOU ARE RIGHT, I USE TO THINK LIKE THAT WHEN I CAME OUT OF AA METTINGS,THOUGHT AM NOT AS BAD AS THEM AND WOULD GO AND HAVE A DRINK,BUT 20YEARS ON I AM NOW,AND A SHAMED OF IT,SO YES YOU PROB RIGHT,BUT I THOUGHT THE BAD STORIES WOULD HELP ME COZ I HAVE READ SOME,OVER THE LAST WEEK,AND ITS MADE ME THINK AND DRINK LATER IN THE DAY RATHER THAN MORNING,SO I THINK IT HELP A BIT,IF YOU UNDERSTAND,BUT I NO WHAT YOU SAYING THANKYOU .....
    • Posted

I agree with Joanna on this, Andy. Horror stories will do nothing but scare you into drinking more. It's ok being aware that your situation is precarious but, once you know that, look for solutions. They are out there and are widely discussed on this forum. Search the forum (and the rest of the Internet) for 'The Sinclair Method' which is proven to be the most effective treatment available in the world.
  • Posted

Hi Andy Paul Joanna.Took myself to Hospital yesterday begging for help with an Alcohol Detox (so badly need one) they were too busy,no point in going down that road then! Have appointment with turning point to see Doctor about one end of November so long to wait. Feel so ill.How do I find the will-power to do a home detox myself? Any suggestions please.
    • Posted

Alcohol detox is a clinical procedure using medication, Susan. Going cold turkey is dangerous and trying to reduce your alcohol yourself is almost impossible. It is appalling that a detox is so difficult to get. Did your GP refer you to Turning Point?
    • Posted

Hi Paul.Thank you  for your reply.Yes my GP referred me to Turning Point. He said that was the system.. I have taken vitamin B pills today and a few sips of wine to stop me shaking! How long will this take?
    • Posted

I am not comfortable advising you in doing this because I think that you should be getting medical help. Just make sure that you don't allow yourself to get withdrawal symptoms (shakiness, sweating, agitation) because they can lead to seizures. Drink what you need to, in order to avoid withdrawal symptoms. When a person stops drinking with medical help, alcohol withdrawal should take about 72 hours, but it is impossible to predict if you are reducing slowly because it depends on how slowly you need to reduce to avoid withdrawal symptoms.

Sorry I can't advise better. The reason we treat people with medication is because that is predictable and controlled as well as being very much easier and more comfortable.

• Posted

Hi Andy and Susan..being an alcoholic is no fun is it...but andy, you have no need to feel any shame..nobody chooses to become alcohol dependent....

Have you got an ALCOHOL COMMUNITY SERVICE..in your area, they are a massive help and support, also they can arrange for you to do a home detox...or an inpatient detox and treatment...

I was sectioned four times ( On a section 3. ) also hospitalized for overdoses and much, much more...in fact I was only two weeks from death the final time ( it had badly affected my heart, liver and Brain..). I also had many home detoxes.which helped...

It is not easy...but my god...it was wonderful to feel healthy and alive again....also not facing shame everyday...

Ask for an alcohol nurse in your area....and also find out if you could be detoxed in a hospital..I was in a mental hospital.for the four detoxes....try not to feel any shame, you didn't choose this life....you are still the same person who you were before.. and you must forgive yourself for all you may have done...

The bonuses of being sober are enormous ...wonderful....self esteem...and just feeling HEALTHY AND ALIVE....

I wish you all so, so much luck, health and happiness...and a future to look FORWARD to with happy expectations and hope.....

Take care all....DEIRDRE..xxx

• Posted

My story: The last one I hope...the last time I drank...ended in hopsital needed 7 IV bags of fluids and viatmins....I had pancreatitis (for the first time in my life).  I experienced 2 alocholic seizures..and I was told by the Dr. that I was 1-2 days away from dying. 

When I drink..I don't eat...AT ALL...don't shower...don't drink any other fluid besides alcohol. I was drinking 2L of vodka a day for 27 days and smoking many cigs.

I one time had 8 years of NOT drinking.  Then left my job and when I did that...I had too much time on my hands and turned to drinking for my depression which made me MORE depressed and more anxious.

I had been in the hospital 4x before this last time...with ivs....and still didn't STOP.

I believe that a person either has to become scared..or sick of being sick..or have something drastic happen to them due to alcohol in order to internally realize and FEEL the desire to stop drinking.

i wanted to stop for the past 8 months and couldn't until the last time I ended in the hospital...it really scared me.

The last couple of days I have had many thoughts of drinking...I just haven't drank.  Reading your cry for help..makes me realize I better NOT drink because I don't want to be feeling like you feel again...and all I have to do to prevent feeling like that is NOT drink.

Wanting to stop is torture.....I hope that you get some sort of real desire to stop....that is the only way it will work.....detoxing is h*ll...BUT 3-4 days I started feeling HUMAN again...eating correctly, sleeping correctly and most of all LIVING...leaving my house dressed and showered.

• Posted

thankyou people you have help me honeast
  • Posted

i thought i was alone with this problem
  • Posted

Hi Andy..Deirdre and Missy2 will help since they both have LOTS of experience and have been through a lot. Keep reporting back and also Paul will assist you...yes, do seek professional help I think and hope your GP is good. Best of luck!
  • Posted

Hi Andy and Susan...how are you both keeping, have you had any help yet ? You can see your GP or practise nurse as often as you need to....also every town and city has a COMMUNITY ALCOHOL SERVICE that you can just walk into and ask to see someone....it is NHS..and the lovely nurse who cared for me...home visits...taking me out....helping my whole family....became a personal friend...( she now works on the liver transplant team at Birmingham hospital. ) where she arranges for spare livers to be given to alcoholics....

You are...as we all are ENTITLED to help...courtesy..understanding and empathy...we are worth as much as anyone and everyone else.....please don't give up on giving up...you can ..and will beat this....warm hugs to you both....in my thoughts....Deirdre xxx

• Posted

Hi Andy

Susan has already shared her fears at this moment in time in her attempts to find immediate help in detoxing. Like others contributing on your blog i dont believe sharing my own horrors of withdrawal seizures or years of swimming in the gutter will help you.

Andy, Susan and others if you have crossed the threshhold to "physical dependencey" you should never ever attempt to withdrawal without professional medical supervision and help.

As Joanna said reading others stories is more theraputic for those telling than you listening. What will help you in the end is logic? You already understand the danger you are in and what you have to live for. That is a realy good place to start. Usually by the time someone realises alcohol is killing them they have already lost everything and cannot see a future.

Realising what you have to live for is more important than other peoples ghosts. And then figuring out what you need to do to make that future happen. There are plenty of professionals out there who can help you ask and answer the questions you are trying to find in other peoples stories.

At least you are trying to find your questions and answers? good luck Andy im sure you will get there.

• Posted

excellent reply and yes, we are all different and DO seek medical advice if uncertain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.