Is Herpes connected to Fibro in some way?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello,

Hope this is not a sensitive subject, I suspect some people would not like to discuss if they have Herpes - I was one of them! But if you do your research it is a very common complaint, and linked to Fibro in many studies. This ia what I found out, and as all this Fibro thing happened around the same time I was diagnosed with Herpes, I wondered if any other people had both.

Take care Anne x

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hmmmm.. Im intriuged now as I dont have a predisposition to Fibro as far as Im aware insomuch as no one else in my family has it and mine DIDN'T start with an emotional trauma/operation or virus. I have always assumed it was the accumulated stress of a difficult job. I had a lovely holiday, came home, went back to work and wham.. it hit me.
    • Posted

Hello, thanks for your reply,

I suspect Fibro has many starting points. I suffered with depression for a number of years, but when I was diagnosed with Herpes I was in a really good place. Then other strange symtons kicked in, an it was all downhill after that!

Take care, Anne

• Posted

Yeah. It's hard to know if you're predisposed. I can say, those of us who thrive on stress or internalize stress are perfect candidates. All your stress could have also caused adrenal fatigue and messed with your metabolic processes. Which then caused an immune dysfunction. I truly believe it all starts in a biochemical hormone in the brain. And then causes a chain reaction. So everyone is looking at the symptoms, not the source. El braino. Lol 

Heck, what do I know? 

• Posted

Hello nitropilot,

Absolutely, I agree must be something like that. Some do thrive on stress, but who knows what it does to you. For me, all the stress I suffered and meds I was on - had left it all behind. But I suspect it had some effect on me which I am now dealing with.

Take care, Anne

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.