Is it amlodopline affecting me?

Posted , 9 users are following.

I am 59 have high bp, after being put on doxazosin 4mg, lisinopril 20 mg, I was put on amlodopline 5gm to help lower bp.as well as putting on weight ( like water retention) I have gone from a lively person to feeling like a zombie and feeling as though I have the beginnings of dementia. I also suffer from pins and needles/ burning feet at night which keeps me awake and is driving me insane. I have seen a neurologist who says I have no nerve damage but is doing further tests. I had a botched hip replacement some years ago so they though perhaps nerves had been damaged. I am desperate for answers and coming across your forum was the nearest I have been to finding similarities. Any suggestions gratefully received. I have asked my go if tablets could be affecting me but they were dismissive ! Thank you

2 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Get off these things Julie,, check my own discussion on Amlodipine and you'll see so many similarities,, I'm 6 weeks off the stuff now and feel so much better.. i'm using beetroot, garlic and fish oil.. green tea, some exercise.. 
  • Posted

Hi Julie,

I believe Amlodipine should be banned, as it is in the Netherlands. In some other countries it is only used by vets. I think that says it all.

• Posted

nannylynn...I agree. Since coming to this forum, I've never seen so many complaints about any one medication. Yes, I've read some uncomplimentary reviews on forums here in Canada & the U.S., but this forum has MORE. If a person is on Norvasc, or Amlodipine, it's the same thing. Amplodipine is the generic form of Norvasc. The laws here in Canada are very clear that generic brands must contain the same ingredients as the brand name, so how some can complain that a certain ingredient in the generic brand bothers them, yet with the brand name, they're ok. It must be a psychological thing to a degree.

Never in my life have I heard of so many people being prescribed Amlodipine. It's almost as though the Dr.'s use that as a 'rule of thumb..oh they've got elevated bp..so I'll give them Amlodipine'. In talking with a lot of people, they're on it too. I have some relatives who take the Amlodipine, yet have no problems whatsoever, then there are those who absolutely loathe the drug. If a vote were taken here int he forum, I think we'd see the Amlodipine given a swift kick. lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.