Is it ever too late in ones life to accept ones failures?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Aged 71, male, average IQ.,  beset with low self esteem of past life experiences. Was married to a film star lookalike and we sired two handsome sons. I was the only family member of my childhood years who hated school and avoided it at all costs.  While a bright child I could not grasp the importance of a good education and befor my O level exams were due was asked by my headmaster to leave as a disruption to my peers and a waste of state funds etc. Hence a life of low paid work, low self esteem and a fired up wife who sprung up the social ladder and rock and rolled with the wealthy and celebrities on my miserly income.  I sprung down the ladder into a slough of depair and went away to end it all. I spent three years in a place of peace,tranquility and mental bliss by invitation of some wonderful people. I returned to my family but within a month was ready to end it all for good as nothing had changed with my lovely wife or my depression.  I remarried a kind divorced lady and we enjoyed companionship and helped each other but now my two fine sons who have their mothers lust for money only contact me when the bailiffs are on their doorstep because of maxed out credit cards to keep the Range Rovers leases going etc.

I cannot help them but now feel back to square one in a life of failure through depressive thoughts of the past that I cannot bury.

Any help welcome.

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Bruce

you are so lucky to have met your new wife who is supportive, does she suffer depression too. I wish i had someone i could talk to about it and visa versa i could help someone with it. There is still a certain stigma attached to it. Unless you have suffered the illness you would never understand. Keep thinking of your wonderful partner and do something nice with her.

Cheers Jill

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.