Is it fatty stool? What should I do with this? Picture attached

Posted , 4 users are following.

About me:

• 29 years old, 85-90kgs, doing sport, so barely have any stomach and 190cms, male, white, Hungarian

• No smoking, no drinking

• In the family history there were a few cancers (one grandfather beat prostate, the other died from lung cancer, but was a chain smoker for 55 years before that)

• Currently taking probiotics, 40mg otilonium bromide once a day (spasmomen) and calcium carbonate (600mg, once a day before going to bed because of my colon problems) and some vitamins

• Never smoked, never was an alcoholic, and I do not use any other substance (tried marihuana for a few times but that is it)

I have visited the doctors a couple of times in the recent months with GI problems, diarrhea more specifically. They diagnosed IBS after stool sample, but after I asked for an ultrasound they have found spots on the liver, diagnosed as hemangiomas. For confirmation MRI with contrast was performed and later CT with contrast also confirmed the diagnosis. Due to the issues I have had a colonoscopy and endoscopy and they have found signs of bile acid reflux. To have a look at the biliary tract MRCP was performed (with MRI of the abdomen without contrast). The findings of all of these examinations:

• 2 liver hemangiomas

• 1 acessory spleen

• 1 kindey cyst

• 1 small polyp removed

All considered to be benign and doctors are not worried at all.

During the last week I started to have some abdominal pain, which disappeared on Friday. On Saturday morning I have had a normal stool, I thought everything is fine, and the at the beginning of the afternoon I have had an explosive diarrhea. Same happened today.

What could cause this? Is it fatty stool? Is it something with which I should visit the doctor?

I am panicking a bit, because even though I have had issues with my stomach before, this kind of diarrhea is new. The other thing that is weird that during both mornings I had a normal stool. A few of the pieces were floating a bit maybe, but it was nothing like on the attached picture.

https://imgur.com/a/WzX4tzo

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Did the doctor check your gallbladder. You are young and look after yourself but gallstones trouble can come and go. Could have been a nasty stomach bug also. Have you mentioned the newer symptoms to your doctor? Something like a stool sample can give some ideas what caused the upset. The surgery usually has the kits for testing if your GP thinks it would help. Diet can affect things. If I eat stuff from the onion family it gives me loads of problems. Maybe keep a note of what you eat and if you have any bowel habit changes afterwards. That can help the doctor too. Best wishes

• Posted

Thank you for your comment. I have had lots of tests and as far as I am aware my gallbladder was checked (also the biliary tract) with blood tests but was also visualized (with US, MRI, CT and also MRCP).

At the end I was able to meet with a GI today and she asked for stool samples to check pancreas enzymes. I guess we will know more afterwards. She had a look at the pictures and told me that she does not think that it is fatty and according to her it does not matter how it looks like and we should not take photos about it. If there is a concern there should be a test not a photo.

Thank you for having a look.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.