Is it fibromyalgia

Posted , 11 users are following.

I recently was diagnosed with fibromyalgia I am just not sure if this is the right diagnosis. I have a constant dull ache in my upper and middle back dull ache in left and right rib cage presure around sternum and opening of sternum is sore to touch my rib cage can be sore to touch in certain places. Joint and muscle aches hip pain, head aches insomnia restless legs. Does anyone have these same symptoms with this diagnosis. 

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Becka35

When I was reading your post, I thought I had written it and had to check the name. You describe my symptoms to a T and there is also the extra symptoms too. I am diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and Costochondritis, my ribs are always so sore to touch, especially the rib cage and lower ribs where your bra would go, if anyone pressed them I would cry. I have had to stop wearing a bra as just too painful. I have discomfort in my upper back, shoulders (the thoracic area), my scalp is sore to touch, feels like stabbing pains. I have terrible IBS, eczema, dry skin. Sometimes random stabbing pains in my thighs and hips. I do have arthritis in both hips (I am 54 years of age) and have these symptoms most of the time, some days are better than others, but my current flare has been 7 weeks. I have spoken to GP twice and not a lot of help. I am seeing the Rheumatologist on the 12th November, so hoping for extra support. I also have fatigue, insomnia, anxiety and low mood. Its the chronic situation and pain that gets you down. Try not to overdo things and with Costochondritis you do have to rest as much as possible to allow the inflammation to go down. Look after yourself and this forum is really helpful and can help to make you feel calm. Lots of self care and self compassion.

• Posted

This post is pretty old now but I have these exact symptoms... with the slight chance you'll see this have you found out what is was? Thanks!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.