Is it fibromyalgia

Posted , 11 users are following.

I recently was diagnosed with fibromyalgia I am just not sure if this is the right diagnosis. I have a constant dull ache in my upper and middle back dull ache in left and right rib cage presure around sternum and opening of sternum is sore to touch my rib cage can be sore to touch in certain places. Joint and muscle aches hip pain, head aches insomnia restless legs. Does anyone have these same symptoms with this diagnosis. 

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Sounds similar to me, yet I can get another flair up with aches and pains centred elsewhere, currently it's arms, shoulders, lumber back area and legs.

Latest flair up after breaking my ankle and foot, fingers crossed I'll go back to my normal when it heals, (my normal = mainly aches and pains I can ignore with distractions or concentrating on something else and pain meds if really bad at night).

• Posted

Hi Becka, Yes your not going mad I have all of these plus plus plus :-(

But on the positive side you have flare ups and then times when your not so bad,

You learn from your body Don't over do things when you do feel well as we tend to think we can then suffer the next day,

But welcome to this site you can learn a lot and you get lots of support from here,

Gentle hugs take it one step at a time x

• Edited

I have pain in the upper back and neck as well as middle back and hips sometimes can hurt and also my ribs can hurt me. Gp told me i might have fibro too. How old are you? I was thinking maybe i have ankylosing spondilities as that starts when ur around 20 so im 22 and it is causing pain in your pelvis hips and your entire spine and ribs... Ill have to go back to drs to get a scan to check if i have it or its just fibro... I also get lots of muscle twitches and all my joints click so much
    • Posted

I'm having loads of tests for other illnesses at the moment but all I read here seems to point to fibro. My joints click, pop and grate too. And I get pain in my sternum too. This thing is awful:-(
    • Posted

What are you getting tested for??? How old are you? What are your symptoms?
    • Posted

I am 37 and strayed have the pain 2 years ago. I don't understand why I have the dull ache in my middle back constantly when others just have flare ups. Is this normal?
    • Posted

I have been haveing pain for 2 years know a lot of the dull ache comes and goes in flare ups but the middle back ache is there constantly. Is this normal. I am 37
    • Posted

Hi, I'm 46. I'm being tested for Lymes Disease amongst other things. I've got so many symptoms from tinnitus, grating joints, nightly fevers, IBS,  aching sternum and upper back, painful hips and pelvis, nausea, aching joints, restless leg, the list is endless ........ 
    • Posted

Julie

Do you have any aches in your upper stomache right below the sternum.

• Posted

Yes Becka, i certainly do. I ve had all these symptoms for around 6 months now with really no break. I was diagnosed with fibro by a private rheumy but I'm under an NHS

rheumatologist now who is doing other tests. I've read here that people get flare ups but i haven't really had a break from all these symptoms. So much so that I just haven't been able to work. I have a terrible clicking jaw which I've noticed too. 

• Posted

I also get intermittent aches on either side of my belly button it's so strange because one minute it can ache under my sternum then the next jump to the right or left of my belly button. It's never stabbing pain always a dull ache. How is your stomache pain and how often do you get it?
    • Posted

I get it every day. It's also a dull ache. It just under my sternum. I mostly have it when I wake up first thing in the morning. 
  • Posted

Hi Becka

With Fibro pains can be anywhwere.  Mine started off in my hands and shooting pains up and down the arm. This then went to my neck, shoulders upperback, now even in my fingers, wrists and legs.

You should get confirmation from your GP, although it may take years before you get diagnosed like many of us have experienced on this forum.

Gentle hugs to you. wink x

• Posted

Hi there, I've had exactly the same thing. I have not been diagnosed but my doctor suggested fibro to me a month or so back and I have a pain in my middle back which never seems to go away. It hurst when im in med too, turning over hurts and I do get the upper abdominal pain. I've just started with IBS, never had trouble with that before and I went back to the doctors. My usual doctor was on A/L and the other dr. told me my pai symptoms must be viral (I have hip pain too and restless legs) and she said the back pain was muscular. No explanation for the IBS which has no resulted in painful piles and bleeding and anemia. Arghhhh..but yes I have the same things.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.