IS IT HIV? I HAVE SYMPTONS BUT NEGATIVE IM SO WORRIED

Posted , 5 users are following.

is it hiv i were a little bi curious on holiday (spain) and tried stuff with a trans from what i remember we kissed with tongue really wet kisses and i got sucked off and sucked them off i recived anal with protection im sure they were sweating slightly i started getting stomach pains and sweating loads in the night around 2 and half months later also noticeing blood in urine and white mucus in my poo also finding it hard to push all urnine out so i when to a & e in spain n they told me i had a little infection in wee they gave me tablets for a urine infection and told me to have them for 8days say on the 4th day of my tablets for the uti i went for a std test back in england all stds came back negative and negative for hiv at 3months but i had servere diarea i think this was a reaction from my uti tablets durimy wee eventually went back to normal and the pain went in my stomach eventually and was back to normal but i also noticed around the same time of the infection i had red spots in back of throat and a white tongue what looks like oral thrush and pharyngitis in back of throat and it seems to have got slightly worse my tongue and if i look carefully i can see green lumps on back of tongue these are both ment to be factors of hiv but i got retested for hiv at 105 days three and half months and still come back negative

im worried but what r chances it still not showed up ? i heard it can take up to 6 months to show

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

if u tested negative the test is most probably correct u would not catch hiv from kissing also the risk would be very low anal sex would run a higer risk but again hiv tests are quite accurate eveb when done early u do need to visit your doctor to have oral thrush treated whilst it can be a sign of a comprimsed immune system the cause of oral thrush is sometimes not known and dont usually mean anything serious iv had oral thrush myself and had blood tests to check yo see if my immune system was comprimised and the results came bck fine i was treated with oral mouth wash and fluconazole

• Posted

the risk would be very low with oral sex i meant to say but missed it out

• Posted

thanks kim do you know much bout the pharyntis and the uti ? though i think its too much of a coincidence like ? 3 things at siminlar time i have another test on the 5th it will b nearly 5months then like 10 days short of 5months

• Posted

thanks guys keep the comments/ replys comeing still worrying but would like hear from as many people as i can

• Posted

you can get uti from anal sex bacteria from the anus (poo in the urethra) is mainly the cause

• Posted

or its of them things bacteria from the mouth etc who knows sometimes just not washing can cause them iv had a few utis dosnt usually mean anything other than some kind of bacteria has gone up the urethra and to the bladder or kidneys etc

• Posted

u would be better off waiting till 6 months as that would be the most reliable they say to test 3/4 weeks then 3 months then 6 months most people who hav hiv test positive at 3/4 weeks so i think your ok

• Posted

also u state u had protected anal sex and jus kissed an had oral were the risk is very low for hiv trasmission i would not have even taken a test for hiv

• Posted

You are HIV free.

Based on your behavior, the risk are very low (about 0.04% to get infected if you give oral sex, and there is 0% to get HIV if someone give you oral sex).

Also, a test with a 4th generation HIV test method after one month following by the last sexual behavior could confirm your HIV status. (Which you are HIV negative).

You are fine, just need to move on and forget about it, of course keep safe and enjoy your life.

Regards,

Hugo

• Posted

there is a chance of getting hiv from oral sex theres not a 0 % risk as stated above but as i said in the above comment the risk is low but it is possible

• Posted

hi Kim.. the risk of hiv is 0% for the receiver of oral sex since they only come in contact with saliva

. trace fluids of blood happen all the time. CDC has a CYA policy because of which they say it is close to zero and not zero.. (interesting thing happened while i was researching, they developed a risk estimator tool, where they placed oral sex along with activites like kissing and touching and even using condoms has a higher risk). however, CATIE and iBase categorically say that it is zero risk..

the only risk is when the person with hiv is gving oral sex and his/ her mouth is gushing with blood and in that case, we cannot consider it oral sex anymore..

i had a hiv scare the same way until the docyor at sexual health clinic said the science of hiv transmissiion.. 1)saliva does not have viral load required for transmission..2) whatever virus is left is actively deactivated to make it non- infectious.

1. if there is indeed a low risk, we would indeed see disproportionately higher number of hiv infections in msm community since almost al of them do not ise condom for oral sex ..

yes, there is a negligible risk for person giving oral sex since he will come in contact with sexual fluids , even in that case it is negligible unless the person giving has gaping wounds (as in meth mouth)

hope that helps...

• Posted

the doctor also said some people say they only engaged in oral sex when they are diagnosed with hiv, however with further probing they are found to be lying and engaging in unprotected anal or vaginal sex. and that is the same reason, the doctor says she trusts the scienc rather than trust anecdotal evidences..

the studies that actually

• Posted

the lower risk for the above person is Syphilis( since syphilis in the mouth is exceedingly rare ) and he shlud get tested at 6 weeks ..

herpes, chlamydia and gonohhrea as you said pass very easily ...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.