Is it normal to have almost timed anxiety? And some venting I guess.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, well I think this is normal but honestly now I don't know what is. So, all throughout the day I have smaller anxiety attacks that last for like 10 or so minutes and I can usually calm myself down and suppress them, but for some reason in the afternoon around 5pm until I finally fall asleep I normally have an onslaught of them, the demons come out, and they are about stupid stuff which I hate. Like things I did months or even years ago that I have no control over. And I am at a more stressful part of my life I would say, which is this coming school year is my senior year and now I have to worry about going to college and getting the money for that and doing good in school and then later finding a job to pay for all this. It is just all so much for me right now, i stay calm on the out side for my friends and family and act like I have everything under control but I really don't, I try but I don't think I do enough, I could do more but it is too much. I have a whole life ahead of me and it is just so much. And on top with this stupid anxiety which won't let up, and it is mostly about stupid stuff in the past and stuff in the future, and it is like a thing that I can just expect to happen, like no matter what I start to get very anxious and breathing heavy and higher heart rate at around this time. I hate complaining because I know my life is not nearly as bad as some people have it, I know it could be much worse, but it still could be better, I could be better. I feel I shouldn't be feeling this way, senior year should be fun but it is just killing me. Well I started off with a simple question and now it became this so I don't know what to title this now, so anyway thanks for reading. I guess I needed to vent.

0 likes, 85 replies

85 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

It is going to be such an unpleasant surprise I feel.
    • Posted

arent you relieved now!? Im so proud and so happy for you. You are not alone in this anymore! No more secrets nothing. Youll get the help you need and i wish you all wonderful things. Be very proud of yourself!
    • Posted

Yeah I am relieved, thanks. Just well I guess it will take time, I was almost expecting me to feel "better" like right away, like yay someone who can help knows, but it is still there. I am still getting an attack. But it takes time I guess. It can't change instantly.

• Posted

But she did take it incredibly well, I didn't expect it to go so easily. I was getting something out of the fridge and she asked what was wrong, I guess I didn't look too well. It happened not as I would have really liked but anyway. For some reason I couldn't find the words, my heart was beating so fast that was the only thing I could focus on so after like a minute or so of me standing there I was able to say I wrote something for you and I grabbed it and gave it to her and she read it while I was standing there with my eyes closed trying to calm my heart down. It was probably the worst at the moment, my heart was racing at like 150 BPM. Anyway she said it was probably genetic, she has some anxiety as well I guess but it is not as bad. Anyway that is what happened. It went surprisingly well.

• Posted

Yes I figured that. you have a GREAT Mom, and you will figure this all out in time. Be very honest with the Doctor, you can have your mom bring the letter in case you find you cant speak it all. This takes time to sort through this and you need to trust your Doctor and follow what she thinks is best. At least now you know help is on the way and you have the support and love you need to get thru this. Its interesting how all this anxiety can trick you isnt it, make you get all scared and overthink and worrk..anxiety is a big bully! But you know what you used your brain and you did what was right and brave so the anxiety bully lost that one didnt it. And in return now you get th help you need.
    • Posted

Yeah, it is amazing how it can trick you, for some reason I just thought that for some reason my mother wouldn't like it or like would react differently, not nearly as well. I just, am now a little worried about the doctor and such but I guess that is natural.

• Posted

But now how will I know if it is just anxiety or if there is a good reason to be worried. Because at the time I felt there was a very good reason for me to be worried but there really wasn't.

• Posted

Do you know, like will the anxiety ever go away or will I just learn how to cope with it?
    • Posted

That is what therapy teaches you. That is what cbt teaches you. You will learn all this. And guess what yiu can even niw happily go and talk to your mom abiut anything. She understands it too. On your electrinic device go over to the apps. Theres apps on breathing..like breathing right and bellybio get them they are free. They will helo learn to breathe slowly and deep from your stomach. Whenever you do these breathing things yiu never allow any bad or negative in you only thing of nice things and do the breathing. Wonderful to helo the whole body calm down. Maybe a great thing to do everyday a couple of times a day till you get really good at it. Then when the anxiety starts up immediately do that.  The app store even has stuff if you out in anxiety as a search. Nature sounds are also good to have. They are great to play when you do breathing exercises too. As you learn all these great calm down skill and tools slowly woth that and the help you get from the doctors you learn not to fear this anymore. It takes time so be very patient. You need to understand that younhave to leave the past in the past, no matter what you can not rewrite it. So if you start thinking abiut stuff from the past rememeber its useless too, its gine it is in the past. And the future didnt even happen yet. What you do is live now. That means donthe things you need to do now. Work hard and domwell in school, be a good person, just be you really and that all by itself plants the seeds for your future. Not everything has answers either. I think you are trying to have everything cintrolled and organized and thats nit always possible at all. All you can do is your part and let life do its thing. In terms of knowing when to worry..im sure you know right from wrong, that has nothing to do with worry. Picture your mother standing next to you and if she would approve of what you are doing then your good. 
    • Posted

sorry a out the typos 
    • Posted

Ok, thanks. Just, yeah. I am looking forward to the doctor appointment but I am also incredibly worried about it. It is hard to not forget about the past or like not want to or figure out ways you could have done it differently.
    • Posted

Can you just, I don't know tell me it will be all alright, good in the end. Just, eh I am having an attack. I don't like going to my mother for help with this stuff just I don't know she seems to, I don't know it doesn't seem right, I don't like it. I would much rather have help from the outside.

• Posted

It will be alright but it will take time. You are not going to recover overnight. You will talk the doctor and she will guide you. Your mom is familiar with anxiety so that means she can help you. Where i am for a few days the wifi is iffy so i cant always answer you, but i will try to peak on here if possible.
    • Posted

Ok, thanks, just I find it almost embarrassing to discuss it with her, and just it is too weird. I'd much rather pretend to be completely normal and have no problems when I am around her. Sorry if I get annoying or talk too much or something just I, I don't know.

• Posted

And it is completly ok if you can't answer like right away. Just when this happens it feels better I guess to have it out there than to keep it inside of me. It feels alot more controlled I guess.

• Posted

Hi Sheldon

I've just read this thread and wanted to say what an amazing step it is you've taken. It took me ages to tell my mum what was going on, and I wish I had told her sooner. You've obviously got a strong, supportive family around you, and you WILL get through this :-) it's hard, it takes time, and there will be set backs. But you're never alone, there's always someone somewhere to talk to, and you've already started the journey to coping with it.

I've always used the analogy of the anxiety monster (a bit childish, I know, but that's what I was taught!) and it's so accurate. It's there to cause you difficulties, but it CAN and WILL be beaten. Sometimes it'll be worse, sometimes it'll be better, but every step you take towards managing and controlling it is one step towards getting your amazing life back under your control.

Keep it up buddy :-)

• Posted

Haha, it must have taken you a while to read the whole post. :-) I just looked over it.
    • Posted

Luckily I'm a fast reader ??

It sounds like Lisa has been really, really helpful! I see she is away now a few days, but I'm also very happy to chat having been through this myself, too.

I'm in my mid-twenties (I say early twenties still!) and have had problems with anxiety and phobias for almost 10 years. I've done the whole telling my parents thing, thinking it's all too much, swearing nothing will ever improve... and I've come out the other side. There are still hard patches, but you definitely can and will get through it ?? Take each day one step at a time, accept that it's a hard journey, but keep your mind focussed on coming out the other end.

• Posted

Yeah, I will. Just, I don't want to worry her and such, I feel it is better to not go to her with every little thing, I have never been the type to ask for help I'd much rather find a way with my own resources. And by the why your last comment is waiting to be moderated for some reason, in case you didn't know.

• Posted

I have no clue why that went into moderation.it basically just said your mom said she had anxiety too so she would help you if needed or if you couldnt self calm. And to trust her and to trust the doctor when you see her. Im sorry im answering so late. You  are not annoying at all and this forum is here to try and guide you. Have a good night and tomorrow when your mom calls the dr. I hope you get your appt. soon. 

• Posted

So it seems the doctors appointment will be on September 9th... Kinda wish it could be before school starts but whatever.
    • Posted

Thats okay in the interim practice deep belly breathing. Use bellybio app.get that knowledge its important. And focus on enjoying your birthday, thats fun stuff. You will get the help you need in time. Its all going to okay. This is just something that is not in your control, and thats oksy.
    • Posted

Ok, I will. thanks. I only had maybe one attack today, probably more but it did not seem as bad it went away quicker, or atleast I do not remember it a whole lot. Thanks.
    • Posted

I tried that app last night and it worked in a way. It more of made it so I focused on the app then kinda forgot about what I was stressing about but it worked. Now, my mother is starting to annoy me. She is trying to help but it seems very annoying. Like I woke up later than I like to do this morning. And I was annoyed by this because i felt I just lost a morning I could be doing stuff. For some reason she connected me being annoyed at waking up late to me be annoyed at myself, to me being hard on myself, which could cause anxiety and me not getting enough sleep which could contribute as well. I see she is trying to help but I don't think she understands that I have been living with this forever, when I got alot of sleep, got little sleep, through happy and sad days and it still happens. Some days are better than others but that is normal. And alot of my life I have been trying to figure out why and what is causing this, and she is nitpicking and going around in circles in my perspective because I have already looked at that possibility. Sorry needed to vent. She is a lovely mother.

• Posted

The reason why she sometimes annoy me so much is that she is way too much like me, or the other way around. That is why I think she annoys me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.