IS IT OK TO USE E45 WASH VULVA, ANUS WITH LS

Posted , 12 users are following.

I know we are not to use any  soaps but just do not feel clean with just water. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Caroline

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

i read on another discussion on here earlier,that E45 is good for washing all over ,if you have LS .not tried it myself but will do this week.hope you get some relief x
  • Posted

Hi Caroline, my doctor prescribed Dermol 500 lotion, which I use whenever I have a shower or bath. X
  • Posted

I also use dermol 200 shower lotion and 500 all over as moisturiser.  Good stuff
  • Posted

I wouldnt use any soap that is not organic or a shower without a filter, have no idea of the ingredients of that soap, I was prescribed aveeno for babies it has a list of like 20 chemicals hahah funny. So many studies show that autoimmune diseases are caused by chemicals fertilizers strong medication and so on, and we are adviced to use soaps with a ton of chemicals and clob :S dont know what to say

Take care smile

• Posted

Yes, I also use Dermol 200 shower lotion on the sensitive bits. So far, so good! Good luck, it is such a nightmare to find what gives relief but also what cleanses the most too.
  • Posted

Hi Caroline, i get E45 bath oil on prescription to add to my baths as my skin is very dry and i have patches from LS on many areas of my body, so im sure the cream would also be fine, i use dermol500 lotion to wash ever area, also as a moisteriser. ive also tried emuoil soap.

I hope you find something that suits you.

• Posted

I use Dermol 500 and Dermol 200. They both contain an identical emollient lotion soap substitute and moisturiser.

500mls. size has a pump dispenser for general use.

200mls size is a handy squeezy container for use in the shower.

• Posted

Thank you ladies very much. I'm off to buy some Dermol tomorrow.  Thanks Norma for mentioning the handy squeezy container for shower as I was like a juggler this morning using the pump dispenser in the shower !  I used the E45, which felt weird as no foaming of course but soothing and then panicked that I maybe should not be using it even though it is for dry skin conditions etc. SOOO glad I found this site. 

Can I just mention for anyone who hasnt listened to Dr Goldsteins lecture on LS , I can really recommend it. So informative and although the terrifying subject of cancer does rear its ugly head, the stats are good if you continue to use steroid cream even when NOT having a flare up.  Just google  Lichen Sclerosus: The Unspoken Pain and you'll get the video link.  Make sure you have a decaff on hand, its 90 mins.  It also gives us a good bit of ammo for our gynaes/dermatologists. 

Thanks again you lovley ladies,

bless you  all and big hugs xx

• Posted

My doc has me use Gramma's Lye Soap exclusively.  It is pure, no dyes or perfumes and is not drying.  Has a bit of odor, but not unpleasant.  Available online at several places. I agree that water is NOT enough.
    • Posted

Thanks bettie, will have as look for that now. I have to say Im not a great fan of the E45, it's caused no harm but is so greasy feeling and again i do not feel clean after use. It also leaves the floor of the shower slippery, its lethal. Any alternative is going to be most welcome.
    • Posted

Gosh bettie, I am sure Lye soap is ok but at what a cost to us in the UK. Amazon UK sell it but at what a price plus shipping. Sellers are US based so if you are buying in the US I hope it is much cheaper there. 
  • Posted

hi after reading about the Lye soap i googled it,and can`t find any in the UK apart from ebay who want £25 +about £12 shipping
    • Posted

Hi Susan.

Stroll on ! Back to the drawing board. Dermol it is then , hope that's not the same price. If it is will have to stick with EA45 I guess. Thanks for info.

• Posted

Hi caroline, I use Dermol for it's dual purpose as a soap substitute and moisturiser plus I get it free on NHS presciption.

If you just want a soap bar that is free of aditives you could try "pure simple soap". I have used both " pure simple soap and "pure simple shampoo" and no problems. Sometimes when I wash my hair in the shower with simple shampoo I use some of the shampoo like a shower gel to wash the rest of me including the neather regions. Like I say no problem for me.

They are available in most stores at a cheap price.  

• Posted

Thanks Norma

I was using a feminine wash thinking PH balanced and gentle etc but was told in no uncertain terms to stop using forthwith by consultant. Hey ho.

Thanks again, will look at ingredients and see if they are similar to Femfresh., if they aren't will have a go.

Thanks again

• Posted

You can only but check it out and may be give it a try.

The suggestion from a doctor would be only use water because the vulva is self cleaning through natural secretions and a light wash with clean water is enough. That doesn't psychologically feel right after a life time of lathering up with the soap, does it. I can't see a gentle cleaner doing any harm but I would add a little bit of moisturiser after patting dry.

I do like dermol.

• Posted

You're right they do but when you are weeing all day, persiring etc i don't think just water is going to deoderise and freshen. Maybe it's just me being paranoid. However, just come upon Aveeno shower wash and remembered my friend being told by her dermatologist to use this range as a moisturiser and she suffers terribly with LS. Just noticed on Amazon there are 2 4 1 so have ordered that. Don't mind using E45 as moisturiser as well as Aqueous cream both great for that. It's just the washing bit. As you say years of foaming products pre LS have spoilt me. Ahhhhh those were the days ...... sigh........ 😢
    • Posted

thanks for all the info Norma,i`m going to try the pure simple soap,and also mention to my GP and try to get a prescription as i don`t pay for mine!! there has to be some compensation for all this suffering,lol
    • Posted

You'r welcome susan.. Absolutely, if you are entitled to free prescriptions then why not...It is a consolation to recieve repeat free prescriptions for an ailment when the time scale is indefinate.......but it's one I would rather not be benefitting from.

• Posted

i get free prescriptions cos of my under active thyroid,i thought i would only get those tablets free but i get all of my tablets free now!! saves me about £50 a month! stupid prices
    • Posted

Saw that people were recomending Aveeno products so I have bought the body wash to try.  My pharmacist tells me it is available on prescription so fingers crossed that it works and then I can persuade my doctor.  Thank you for reminding me off it.
    • Posted

Hi Pam, well that's with knowing, ill be asking my Dr too !. If we get no joy I bought the big 500 gram wash for £9 on Amazon. And worth every penny. It's marvelous. So gentle, foams so you actually feel clean after a shower ! HALLELUJAH!. That E45 is certainly non irritating etc but how can a greasy cream CLEAN you ? Also there were greasy marks everywhere . Id spend longer cleaning the shower than I did ME every morning I'm one happier bunny I can tell you. How sad is it that you can get excited about foaming yer bits ! 😏😁 Hubby is using it as shampoo as he had sensitive scalp and it's been brilliant for that too. Hope you and anyone else who tries it is happy with it too. A friends dermatologist recommended it to her for her LS so I'm confident of it's suitability for the condition. Good luck Pam x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.