is it possible for blood pressure to still be high even with medications?.

Posted , 8 users are following.

How is it possible to be on different medications for blood pressure and all my results are fine but it is still high.what can be done or medications cant work on me?

1 like, 40 replies

40 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

There has been quite a lot in the British press of late, about beetroot and its ability to lower blood pressure.

This is what the British Heart Foundation has to say

http://goo.gl/mZmorI

• Posted

I think I'll start a beetroot farm:-)

Nitrates are now being looked at for patients with osteoporosis although there are meds that you should not take when taking nitrates.

• Posted

Back in 2011 the Kansas State Football team used one cup of beetroot juice. It apparently increased muscle inhancement substantially. There fore, I used in a daily cocktail for my wife post major abdominal surgery (6 hour).she had lost 25 lbs, including muscle and bone mass.... As I review my diary her BP was not hypertensive before or after protocol. . What it did reveal was her improved "stamina" and her overall physical strength. I did not attribute this to the beetroot at the time...What's also interesting is now I learn it also aids the skeletal muscle...one of the two muscles of the LES...for those who suffer "silent refulx" this may be of significalnt benefit. The small beetroot study on hypertensives were with the elderly...so one can go two ways with this..I'd err on the positive side and go for the beetroot. I still grow my own..but during wife's recovery ran out in one week...had to purchase from our Organic Grocer, would need an acre or two to get 1 cup juice daily.....

I am one of 6 brothers and have 2 elder sisters ...all 5 brothers are on hypertensives and one sister......I eat beetroot ...maybe weekly at most not daily....I am most prone to very high BP "only" while under stress In summry it doesn't matter if one is or is not hypertensive, it a very good idea to include it within your various meals. Claudio

• Posted

Blood pressure is someday that might take doctors eternity to understands....i visited the doctor today and my blood pressure was so high and he said maybe because i was in his office.he asked me to check it twice daily for one week and come back.since i returned home and check with my blood pressure monitor,he havent be more than 140/84.i am thinking i might not have it checked in the doctor.s office anymore so that i dont have unneccessary worries.
    • Posted

It's white coat and the anxiety of the docs office....maybe a good idea NOT to have it checked in doc's office.....maybe get a monitor at home and do it from time to time, not like a nut like me and drive myself crazy as I did some yrs ago.....working to get the LOW LOW reading we're supposed to have....which I believe is a bunch of bunk.....

get some beetroot and magnesium (mineral) and relax more...and try not to think about the BP and the fear instilled in us by big pharma....makes me angry thinking more and more on this.

As we've said BP changes constantly...and get into medition even 10 min a day if you don't believe in it, it works...

• Posted

Some dr's eternity isn't long enough......eo...next week at dr's office...take reading 2 times..first...normal way......before taking 2nd time ...take one or two very slow deep breaths..be sure your stomach is expanding...hold for 5 seconds...exhale slow..now retake....don't be surprised if you get a very "substantial " lower reading.

Claudio

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.