is it possible for blood pressure to still be high even with medications?.

Posted , 8 users are following.

How is it possible to be on different medications for blood pressure and all my results are fine but it is still high.what can be done or medications cant work on me?

1 like, 40 replies

40 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Sometimes the doctors have to keep on trying with different combinations until they find the right for you.

If it's real night out could be stenosis odds the renal kidney artery.A Renal scan will show that condition

• Posted

I worked long and hard to NOT go on bp meds....finally had to....My integrative MD started me on Atenolol 25mg and Hydrochlorzide 25mg (diuretic) and I took my bp at home like carzy and  got so sick of this continual  action, writing numbers down, taking it 3 times per day, noting if I had drank coffee or had a conversation or thoughts that were disturbing or ate something more salty.....I went nuts for some time... and it was still somewhat  high....so MD put me on 5mg Amplodpine and of course I ended up with fluid retention with that drug, got rid of it by upping grape seed ex for a while and fluid went away.....

Now for some time I've  upped my magnesium intake, I take 500mg of a quality mag three times per day and I swear the extra mag has worked in my favor with BP too.

My last visit to doc which was a week ago, I felt anxious due to the thought of white coat BP rise.....low and behold I was a good 130/70 and that was good for ME....  I now take 1/2 of the amlodopine to see if the extra mag is really helping....I see her again in a few weeks and will test BP again....

Thoughts, discussions, crazy tv and dreams can make BP elevate....  I would not watch a scarey movie again for love or money.....keep laughing as much as possible and get into meditation as that will bring BP down too.

Celery will bring down BP too, get into that habit for a while....I buy only organic as so much else is full of pesticides.

Magnesium and Meditation are KEY.

• Posted

Say joy where did u get the cream for pain in the 8oz tube cream. U can't say the name or the sensor you?
    • Posted

you can do this in the private message with out sensoring press the grey envolope in the person yor replying to and you can give product info
  • Posted

Accidently I discovered, with my at the time too low blood pressure, that eating raisins lower you blood pressure.  Worth a try?
    • Posted

What exactly is raisins pls?.never heard of that
    • Posted

You may have heard of raisins, remember, dried grapes.  I liked to eat them and after a while I felt so dizzy.  Already having a low blood pressure, it got worse.  So I imagine that oridinary raisins will lower a person's blood pressure.  Therefore thinking that it might help a person with too high a blood pressure.
  • Posted

i dont know personaly but i have heard from people with blood presure issues that this is some times the case, iv also heard that q10 helps with blood presure .
    • Posted

its a supplement iv been taking it for years . look it up .on net.
    • Posted

Both articles I'm talking about mention COQ10 and magnesium and potassium....lots of these BP meds pull potassium from our bodies.  which can cause more fatigue and low potassium
    • Posted

Both articles I'm talking about mention COQ10 and magnesium and potassium....lots of these BP meds pull potassium from our bodies.  which can cause more fatigue and low potassium
  • Posted

Claudio, after re-reading the articles I talked about, I'm thinking all the time I spent agnozing over BP that I thought was too high and now believe it was never too high......J
    • Posted

explain please..I know the recent journal of cardiology

raised the systolic side.

we differ how our bodies handle BP..pulmonary edema can manifest at a sustained elevated BP. same with

brain hemorage. lost our professor 40 year old to BH in December other than hypertention was innperfect

health.

refused meds because of her falundafa practice.

claudio

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.