Is it possible to have LS without itching?

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hello Everyone!

I was diagnosed with atrophic vaginiitis and have been placed on localized estrogen (vagifem and estrace) but these help me little.  I have also had my first Mona Lisa Laser Therapy which is also to treat atrophic vaginitis. The doctor also suggested a biopsy for LS which I haven't had yet.  I have very little itching, except ocassionaly, but lots of soreness, pain and burning as well as burning upon urination.  All STD's test normal and I haven't been sexually active for at three years now.  I am now experience slight soreness and burning around my anus, again with no itch.

Can you please tell me if any of you have LS without itching or very little itching?  Also, if you could please tell me your symptoms I would really  appreciate it.

Blessings to you all...

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Flare up . use medicine they gave me. But it thins the skin. Don't recommend all the time.

• Posted

Looks like you have the classic symptoms of LS, To eliminate soreness around the anus area. Always use a wipe to cleanse yourself after you have a bowel movement, Really worked for me.
  • Posted

I don't have itching all the time and when I do it is closer to the anal area. I am scared to get a biopsy because of the healing aspect. My gyno was sure it was LS but this last time I went she wasn't sure. She only gave me a estrogen cream that does nothing. I am looking to switch to a different gyno that has a Mona Lisa laser. My biggest issue is tearing in the skin between the vagina and rectum. I use emuaid and aquafor. Going to try emu oil. Have not had sex in 3 years and also suffer with HSV 1. It sucks!!

• Posted

Hi Jib,

I've only had one Mona Lisa laser treatment so far and I am still in pain so I am thinking more and more that this is LS.  I am going to gyno today at 4:45 and I am going to ask him if I can try clobetasol without a biopsy.  If it helps I will know this is LS. I've been in pain day and night for one full year now and I need some relief!

Thank you for replying and sharing with me...

• Posted

I had soreness for ages, worse after periods. I though I was allergic to sanitary towels. The itching only started with menopause, and then much later I got diagnosed. I think itching seems to be more common with lower oestrogen, though don't quote me on that!

• Posted

I went to my ob/gyn about a year ago for a pap and check up. I had a hysterectomy about 2 years before and was having pain and bleeding during sex. I had tried ky gel during sex but it was not really helping and I took weeks to heal up afterwards. It was also painful to urinate. I was not prepared for the news I received. The doctor told me I no longer had a vulva or a clitoris they were totally gone. I was devastated! He asked if I had burning and itching and I told him no. I had not just pain during sex. He scheduled a biopsy for LS and it came back positive. It had only been 2 years since my hysterectomy and I no longer could have a normal sex life. I was 50 years old! What made it worse was my husband and I were both virgins when we married. We saved ourselves for each other and now our very loving and wonderful sex life was over for me. Sure there are plenty of things I can do for him but there is nothing that brings orgasm for me and even though he does all he can to be sensitive to my feeling s I feel destroyed as a woman! My doctor told me there was nothing he could do to restore me. He gave me some ointment and sent me to a dermatolagist for more treatment. I have been searching and find there is reconstructive surgery but want to know who does it and does it successfully? Does anyone know?Is is covered by insurance? I am too young to have to give up this part of my life. I use 3 different creams to prevent damage to my ureatra and anus to avoid having to have a catheter and colostomy in the future which because of the type of LS I have is a possibility. I have no STD's. I have just recently started having some burning and itching from time to time if I don't stay on top of my medications. I also have to wear 100% cotton underwear, no tight pants or panty hose ever!  If any of you have info on surgeons please let me know. Thank you so much.

• Posted

Hello Alexandria, if you haven't already found the thread, "An experiment with Borax", I would encourage you to find it on this site.

I was diagnosed without a biopsy by an Obgyn who is specializes in Vulva health. I had all the classic symptoms, of course unknown to me though and so before I found her I suffered for quite a while. I started on the Clobetasol but with almost no results.

Once I found the forum about Borax and started using the saturated solution, all my symptoms abated completely! It has been almost six months now and I am still symptom free.

I would encourage you to read the thread, there is a lot of very good advice, encouragement, hope and information there. God bless you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.